joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've seen a lot like this game with Duke this year so I'm sure you feel the pain.

Yea 3 in row. Difference is we won the last 3 and not lost them, which is what's about to take place. I got house money to play with for a few years, espeacilly this one since we'll be hanging a new banter when yall come to town. But be of good cheer cause I'm sure when the ncaa comes knocking late this summer yall will be working on the banters in your rafters as well, unfortunately you'll be taking some down instead

Yea 3 in row. Difference is we won the last 3 and not lost them, which is what's about to take place. I got house money to play with for a few years, espeacilly this one since we'll be hanging a new banter when yall come to town. But be of good cheer cause I'm sure when the ncaa comes knocking late this summer yall will be working on the banters in your rafters as well, unfortunately you'll be taking some down instead

House money? Lol with the number one recruiting class this year hmm ok. NCAA won't be coming knocking for the men's basketball team or football team, that's already been established. Now as far as women's basketball, well that's a different story.

heck, even Birmingham and columbia get big snowfalls more frequently than Atlanta. In fact, name me one city in the entire stretch of I-20 that gets big snows as infrequently as Atlanta does. Its been 33 years since Atlanta has had a 6" snow. Even areas south of Atlanta have had bigger snows than Atlantas biggest snow. I think Columbus to Macon had like a foot of snow or more in the 70s. I'm not sure Atlanta has ever had a double digit snowfall.

Atlanta, Georgia was amazed recently when 4-6” of snow (and ice) accumulated this past Sunday and Monday. Furthermore, snow fell on Christmas Day (officially 1.4”) in the Atlanta area as well. So how unusual is this? Of course, it is unusual but not close to record-breaking snowfall anywhere in the Southeast. Huntsville, Alabama recorded 8.9” and this was their 3rd heaviest accumulation on record but still a long way from the all-time record of 17.1” set on New Years Eve 1963-1964. Atlanta’s official 4.4” accumulation is also distant from their record of 11.2” set on January 7, 1940.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/snowstorms-in-the-south-an-historical-perspective

House money? Lol with the number one recruiting class this year hmm ok. NCAA won't be coming knocking for the men's basketball team or football team, that's already been established. Now as far as women's basketball, well that's a different story.

Sorry man men's basketball and football team are facing penalties. Read the NOA. It's clear that Men's basketball and football were mentioned in it. I can show you where they were mentioned if you like.

Atlanta, Georgia was amazed recently when 4-6” of snow (and ice) accumulated this past Sunday and Monday. Furthermore, snow fell on Christmas Day (officially 1.4”) in the Atlanta area as well. So how unusual is this? Of course, it is unusual but not close to record-breaking snowfall anywhere in the Southeast. Huntsville, Alabama recorded 8.9” and this was their 3rd heaviest accumulation on record but still a long way from the all-time record of 17.1” set on New Years Eve 1963-1964. Atlanta’s official 4.4” accumulation is also distant from their record of 11.2” set on January 7, 1940.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/snowstorms-in-the-south-an-historical-perspective

wow its been 76 years since ATL had a double digit snowfall. I would day they are due. Pretty much every city in the south has has a double digit snowfall more recently than ATL.

Sorry man men's basketball and football team are facing penalties. Read the NOA. It's clear that Men's basketball and football were mentioned in it. I can show you where they were mentioned if you like.

Just trust me on it, those two sports will not be penalized. If there was a chance they would be, then unc would impose their own sanctions to lessen the blow of the NCAA.

Established on IC which is like the gfs establishing the seasonal pattern 3 months out. No way MBB an FB escape this fiasco or the ncaa might as well fold.

Just trust me on it, those two sports will not be penalized. If there was a chance they would be, then unc would impose their own sanctions to lessen the blow of the NCAA.

Just trust me on this. UNC basketball and football are facing major penalties. I guarantee that.

Established on IC which is like the gfs establishing the seasonal pattern 3 months out. No way MBB an FB escape this fiasco or the ncaa might as well fold.

Guess we better not buy stock in the NCAA then. This whole thing would be worlds different if the classes were taken by only athletes. There were non athlete students in these classes. No way to just punish athletics. I can see where the university might have some sort of sanction though. Now women's basketball will get punished due to the improper tutoring.

Guess we better not buy stock in the NCAA then. This whole thing would be worlds different if the classes were taken by only athletes. There were non athlete students in these classes. No way to just punish athletics. I can see where the university might have some sort of sanction though. Now women's basketball will get punished due to the improper tutoring.

No personnel from men's basketball and football were mentioned but they are facing Lack of Institutional control. Men's basketball and football were mentioned in that part. 

No personnel from men's basketball and football were mentioned but they are facing Lack of Institutional control. Men's basketball and football were mentioned in that part.

Which is where the overal university may face sanctions but not football or basketball. They are never mentioned for a specific violation.

wow its been 76 years since ATL had a double digit snowfall. I would day they are due. Pretty much every city in the south has has a double digit snowfall more recently than ATL.

There's some conflict on the total, but Atlanta also got either 8.3 or 10.3 inches of snow on January 23, 1940 as well.

Wunderground documents 8.3 inches as the total. 1939-1940 was clearly an incredibly unusual winter for Atlanta.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATL/1940/1/23/DailyHistory.html?req_city=&req_state=&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Which is where the overal university may face sanctions but not football or basketball. They are never mentioned for a specific violation.

Yes, they are. LOIC is a specific violation. It means exactly what it sounds like. There was total lack of control within the basketball and football teams.

Well that was fun while it lasted. Back to weather. I tried to stir the pot up some.

Keep up the good work. Can't let the UNC PR spin get news outlets to forget about this. Our friends at PackPride have worked too hard for this to falter now. 

That's not my point, how do you cruise for 25 years and not one kid become academically ineligible for a semester with the sample size that big. On average their should be atleast 1 or 2 per year. But not at UNC.

That's not my point, how do you cruise for 25 years and not one kid become academically ineligible for a semester with the sample size that big. On average their should be atleast 1 or 2 per year. But not at UNC.

Prestigious institution? You may have just made an argument that has been used to help UNC. See I knew there were some smart Duke fans out there!

But it's not over for everybody. Mountains and foothills are right in on this even with the euro and Ukie solution.

When aren't they always looking at a threat?  I mean, if I lived in the mountains, I would expect Winter weather every Winter.  I have seriously contemplated moving out that way.  

Not just for Wintry weather, I just like the idea of getting away from the horrible roads where I am, overpopulation, no traditional neighbors helping neighbors anymore here. 

Archived