• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    whetherphl
    Newest Member
    whetherphl

February 2016 Banter

Hey everyone, hope someone lucks out tomorrow. I've moved over to Amsterdam and wouldn't you know it's snowing today. Nothing big and more rate driven so just like back home it's switching from moderate snow to drizzle lol but still a nice treat. 

What a great welcome  :D  

Is Brick the eastern north carolina Fritschy or is Fritschy the western north carolina Brick?

:lol:  

Ballgame. Somebody find Brink a winter storm!

lol... I looked in every thread from the Midwest to new England, everyone is looking at a changeover event. Pretty pathetic storm.

Dang, was hoping to tune in this morning to see the NAM bringing that early finger of moisture through NC, but it looks like the heavy stuff is going through VA. I was hoping maybe that finger of precip could drop half an inch of liquid while we had cold air to work with but just isn't going to happen I don't think. O well, still be nice if we could put a couple inches down before the washout.

Still waiting on my foot, every surrounding county, heck, even parts of the same county have seen a foot in my lifetime, but I've never had that much at my residence in 30 years. This never was going to be that storm, but one can always dream. I would do an eye roll emoji but I've been looking for 5 mins on how to do it, I give up

Dang, was hoping to tune in this morning to see the NAM bringing that early finger of moisture through NC, but it looks like the heavy stuff is going through VA. I was hoping maybe that finger of precip could drop half an inch of liquid while we had cold air to work with but just isn't going to happen I don't think. O well, still be nice if we could put a couple inches down before the washout.

Still waiting on my foot, every surrounding county, heck, even parts of the same county have seen a foot in my lifetime, but I've never had that much at my residence in 30 years. This never was going to be that storm, but one can always dream. I would do an eye roll emoji but I've been looking for 5 mins on how to do it, I give up

We are all getting the finger! :) on the precip

He's the NCrain of the upstate!

You were saying?

Somebody should have said that the little event we had Friday morning would be more significant then anything we got Monday....oh wait, I did say that.

It fingered NC alright...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions we need to answer, just like always...

Timing   as the cold air moves out
High Placement and how fast it slides OTS  too fast
CAD Strength   average
QPF   less than we want
Low Placement  a bit to far inland for some
AND

How many disappointed people?  lots

I'm sticking with my forecast(in red) from four days ago.

I see them cancelling it down here eventually. I don't see how anything frozen will fall here at all with the overrunning going north. DRY slot city down here. CLT at least looks like they will get some flurries or frizzle in the wee hours of the morning that might warrant a statement or advisory. 

Maybe we should all just be like burgertime and move to Australia. Aussie. No rules, just right...or something like that. 

Man, the geographical knowledge present in this forum needs some updating.  Cambodia, Austria, Australia, ...  Are these countries all the same to people?  If it's not the good ol' U-S-of-A, we can call any foreign country whatever we want, huh?

The correct question for Burger's current location of residence is, "What is the Netherlands?"  We would have even accepted, "What is Holland?"

welkom bij Nederland

WrlD5nd.gif

Man, the geographical knowledge present in this forum needs some updating.  Cambodia, Austria, Australia, ...  Are these countries all the same to people?  If it's not the good ol' U-S-of-A, we can call any foreign country whatever we want, huh?

The correct question for Burger's current location of residence is, "What is the Netherlands?"  We would have even accepted, "What is Holland?"

welkom bij Nederland

WrlD5nd.gif

"That's the French flag" 

-Brick Tamland. 

Won the pole for the Daytona 500

Ah, yes.

NASCAR is going to be sad for me this year with no Gordon (well, he's in the commentator's booth, but it's not the same). :(

(Ducks from incoming Mackerel_Sky NASCAR rant.)