• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 2016 Medium/Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

I know we're looking for gigantic but verbatim it's not a disaster for us. Just want to stay in the game. I think eventually we do see further digging.

Not all of us are.  It's silly, IMO.

On another note...........someday history books will record the triumph of the IT guys at NCEP over their web page issues.  It will go down as one of the more remarkable achievements of mankind.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very frustrated. People were actually rooting on that lead wave when it was trending north. I remember myself,HM, and a few others trying to say the front wave was very limited in potential outrunning the real upper level support. The vort behind it had hecs potential but would get squashed if the lead vort amped. But for some reason the prevailing attitude was a sure thing 3-5" day 1-2 was better then a shot at a hecs day 3-4. I'm not sure if people thought it was a long shot but I really really felt that a big storm was a good bet if that lead vort had not been there. None of us, except maybe ji, can control the weather so it's not like it made any difference I was just rooting for a very different outcome then everyone else. Last I'll say about that.

Still is.

Big difference from the gfs/euro camps right now seems to be the placement and strength of the northern stream low. Euro is further south and weaker. Para euro is even further south and weaker. GFS could be right with a more northern placement and hand off basically overhead. These kinds of details are a bit irrelevant for a few days at least though. This has all the markings of an event that that will have fairly large swings (sensible wx wise) even inside of 4 days. 

Big difference from the gfs/euro camps right now seems to be the placement and strength of the northern stream low. Euro is further south and weaker. Para euro is even further south and weaker. GFS could be right with a more northern placement and hand off basically overhead. These kinds of details are a bit irrelevant for a few days at least though. This has all the markings of an event that that will have fairly large swings (sensible wx wise) even inside of 4 days. 

It's also much faster with the low compared to the Euro. The GGEm seems to be between the two camps. 

I'll take e4 of the GEFS to go please :lmao:

Only member that runs the lead shortwave up the coast. 

GEFS MSLP and low clustering shows that the op's placement for the miller b thing is on the northern edge. Overall supportive of the solutions we are seeing right now. Someone in SNE will probably get smoked. 

I just looked though my records from last year and didn't see any events that were more than a Trace between January 27 and February 17, so I guess I wouldn't choose that "sure thing" in the future.

I was just thinking the same thing...cannot recall (nor have a record) of anything in the last part of January or first part of February last year.  We got that clipper in early January and that was about it for awhile.  Only thing I remember from early February was getting screwed on an event over Super Bowl weekend (which I think hammered SNE), it looked good for awhile and then it trended going to our northwest and we got light rain and drizzle.  I didn't get anything in February until the Arctic front blast on the 14th, then it was fun from then through early March of course.

Only member that runs the lead shortwave up the coast. 

GEFS MSLP and low clustering shows that the op's placement for the miller b thing is on the northern edge. Overall supportive of the solutions we are seeing right now. Someone in SNE will probably get smoked. 

I don't much mind or care if SNE gets smoked, they would anyway from such an event.  As long as we share in something decent at least and don't get a Boxing Day repeat.  Miller-B setups are really tricky around here and tough to get overly enthused about most of the time.  But this setup does have some hopeful potential, it seems.

Archived