• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BillDodson
    Newest Member
    BillDodson
The Iceman

January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

Any Trenton area posters under that heavy band?

Just woke up and am under it. Absolutely ripping, heavy wind, very good snow growth associated with it. Guessing at least a foot of it snow gonna head out in a bit to confirm. I don't think we dry slotted.

Any Trenton area posters under that heavy band?

I'm approx 15 miles S-SE of Trenton and we're getting hammered.  As of 8AM we had about 8" on the ground and it's coming down hard.  Sustained winds of ~30mph.

Hey here too what is happening lol i think people are measuring drifts

I'm taking an avg of 4 measurements in the center of a 3 acre field. No drifts here. Plus I have zero reason to inflate totals, not my thing.

Intermittent snow puke...5 minutes moderate, 15 minute heavy, 5 minutes moderate, etc

crappy radar for sepa.  the stuff in s jersey is ragged.  a moderate band but then a light area again.  This could suck for a few hours...sigh.

Radar signature this stage this morning is disappointing. 8" snow 15 hours into the storm is substantially lower than I expected 12 hours ago come on .5"hr rates?  The last 12hrs of this better kick ass or it's an average HECS in my local area

24F with SN 

This is a bit more like it, steady snow, light to almost moderate at times, with a few small ice pellets mixed in. Wind still strong. Those bands moving across from South Jersey look like they want to coalesce as they get closer to the river....different. 26F here now.

My home in Sea Isle City (watching cam) went from nothing to water in my basement and garage - not quite sandy level but still rising

Is your camera on battery backup Or do you still have power down there? Avalon Manor (near the marina) has been out since last night.

The last 12hrs of this better kick ass or it's an average HECS in my local area

The H in HECS stands for 'historic', you know.  "Average historic storm" makes me giggle...

The H in HECS stands for 'historic', you know.  "Average historic storm" makes me giggle...

They have more snow 100 miles to my NE in New York this area and Lehigh Valley was suppose to be the northern fringe lol. 

Latest HRRR continuing to show Montgomery County NW to be sweet spot rest of afternoon. Score. attachicon.gif12507616_10208803399151293_4180613159001700300_n.jpg

Latest HRRR continuing to show Montgomery County NW to be sweet spot rest of afternoon. Score. attachicon.gif12507616_10208803399151293_4180613159001700300_n.jpg

wow that still thinks we are getting 12-18+ in most of the area after 6am?

New MD:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0059.html

"SUMMARY...HEAVY SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH MIDDAY FROM NORTHERN VA/DE
AND DC METRO/WV EASTERN PANHANDLE/INTERIOR MD TO NJ AND
SOUTHERN/EASTERN PA TO FAR SOUTHERN NY INCLUDING THE NYC METRO/LONG
ISLAND...WHILE INCREASING INTO SOUTHERN CT. PEAK SNOW RATES WITHIN
THIS CORRIDOR WILL LOCALLY EXCEED 2 IN/HR...WITH BLIZZARD OR
NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS CONTINUING PARTICULARLY IN AREAS NEAR/JUST

WEST OF THE I-95 CORRIDOR."