joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's held more steady in the past couple frames...just ripping out there now. Just north of PHL has been in a good band for a while.

Going for a Jebwalk at 6AM to take in the tranquility, will get a good measurement then. But I'm eyeballing 10" so far.

Good luck w/that...tried it a couple times. If you go against the wind....total hell.

I'm waiting for daybreak right now to see how it looks. Things are really cranking right now in SE PA.

Just saw a flash of light to my NE. Waited a good minute no thunder. Snowing heavy at 24F. Estimate 8" will get out at first light and try to measure. Looks like the dry slot will slip into SE PA and south Jersey soon before the pivot I don't know if it finds its way into west central Jersey.

I don't know how to say it. I'm just truly in awe of this storm. It's not really moving. And isn't predicted to move much all day. And it already looks like a full blown blizzard out there. Does anyone have a link to the new AFD? I can't find it. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=PHI&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Dry slot punching North into Western Chester County area, which is ironically was the area forecast to be one of the 'jackpot zones'. Just goes to show how dynamic and quickly changing of a storm this is! Jackpot area looks to be setting up near Delco, over to Philadelphia County, Montco, Bucks....around that general area now, provided things dont change too much.

Latest HRRR insists still to add an additional 2-2.5' accumulation on top of what has already fallen in those areas.

P.S. If u do dry slot for a period you WILL fill back in later so no bust calls or jumping out of windows!

Archived