joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, why don't you go out and take some pics of trees and your car.  I'm pretty sure you're getting freezing rain if you're below freezing.

Well I've had freezing rain all day so I'm not as ditzy as I appear. However when I see that my temp is 29 and water is pouring off my car as opposed to sticking I was confused. The light drizzle today immediately froze. This doesn't appear to be doing that. So either the gauge is wrong or there is an explanation that is obvious (in which I am a ditz) or the explanation is something other than those two above. 

Yeah, I looked at the RAP soundings going forward and RIC is going to struggle with that same 750-850 mb layer that screwed most of us over. They may flip back during heavy rates, but it's really hard to tell. I guess there's a reason places like where we live and RIC don't get huge snows very much.

We are dealing with it now. It's been sleeting heavily since around 5:30-6.

Many people had been saying that warm nose would shift towards the coast as the coastal takes over and things tighten up, but I guess the coastal is taking its sweet time.

We are dealing with it now. It's been sleeting heavily since around 5:30-6.

Many people had been saying that warm nose would shift towards the coast as the coastal takes over and things tighten up, but I guess the coastal is taking its sweet time.

Yeah, I know it's rough.  We dealt with the same stuff today.  Good luck, man.  How much do you have now?

Absolutely pouring a snow sleet mixture right now!

Well I've had freezing rain all day so I'm not as ditzy as I appear. However when I see that my temp is 29 and water is pouring off my car as opposed to sticking I was confused. The light drizzle today immediately froze. This doesn't appear to be doing that. So either the gauge is wrong or there is an explanation that is obvious (in which I am a ditz) or the explanation is something other than those two above. 

As long as your thermometer is right, you are getting freezing rain.  Heavy freezing rain will run off a little, but freeze as well.  Liken it to a wick in hot candle wax.

Archived