• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
Ian

Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Is anyone else noticing lots of birds flying around ahead of the snow? Here in Sterling they are flying in random patterns with lots of chirping.

Yes, definitely.

Here, too. I first noticed last night, actually. Really noisy for this time of year. 

The dry air intrusion is well modeled. Just look at the 4k nam radar loop. It's also expected with any setup like this. Don't bat an eye

i think for us we'll be ok, but it's definitely pretty visible to the farther sw locations.  and agreed, almost all the big ones have a dryslot/lull/period of blah, then it fills back in as the upper level low approaches.

Is anyone else noticing lots of birds flying around ahead of the snow? Here in Sterling they are flying in random patterns with lots of chirping.

The Day After Tomorrow

16z RAP advertising 1-2" p/h rates starting overnight just after midnight

HRRRRR advertises the same after midnight.... much more so than the RAP IMO

i think for us we'll be ok, but it's definitely pretty visible to the farther sw locations.  and agreed, almost all the big ones have a dryslot/lull/period of blah, then it fills back in as the upper level low approaches.

That dry slot won't even sniff us.  If we get dry slotted it's tomorrow afternoon when the coastal is in gear.

I live just SW of Warrenton- took this with my drone facing due SW. Normally I see the 'Ridges clear as day.

fWipQfV.jpg

Looking at the Weathertap radar from LWX, Fairfax County is in a clear snow-hole with snow showing up in every direction, including north of DC.  So far not a flake, 10 mi south of National Airport.

Looking at the Weathertap radar from LWX, Fairfax County is in a clear snow-hole with snow showing up in every direction, including north of DC.  So far not a flake, 10 mi south of National Airport.

Lol, it always does this at the start of a major storm. It really doesn't matter though, we're all getting pummeled. 

Looking at the Weathertap radar from LWX, Fairfax County is in a clear snow-hole with snow showing up in every direction, including north of DC. So far not a flake, 10 mi south of National Airport.

Lower elevation, but will be there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk