Newest Member
    joxey
The Debra spot

Ginx snewx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

showing what models output and having enthusiasm is wrong, gtfoh

lol...but showing what models have and how it sucks is wrong.

I'm just messin' with ya Ginxy.  I know you want that model thread to be the place to go get the good snow and cold fix.  You really did not like that yesterday.  I just say if it sucks, say it sucks.  If its good say its good. 

Don't always try to paint it pink and pretty like the inside of Tinkerbell's...well nevermind.

lol...but showing what models have and how it sucks is wrong.

I'm just messin' with ya Ginxy. I know you want that model thread to be the place to go get the good snow and cold fix. You really did not like that yesterday. I just say if it sucks, say it sucks. If its good say its good.

Don't always try to paint it pink and pretty like the inside of Tinkerbell's...well nevermind.

no I wanted this place for the ole me o my posts, nothing to do with evaluation of model output. That's it. Stop the psychoanalysis

Likewise no wishcasting or excessive optimism for ridiculous solutions in the model threads.

;)

\

Ha!  ...problem is?  this source has long morphed away from being a community of enthusiasts (regardless of scale of education in matters...) for the science of weather.  It is since earlier years utterly transmutated into a support group; bastion for those whose moods and perspectives on ...even life, are prooobably a bit too subjected/controlled by the vagaries of their own winter weather experiences - almost like drug addicts.  It's tedious at times, too.  You can read the writer/contributors ...they try to hide their bias behind superficial stock statements of doubt for this or that,  but it's still lurking there in the turn of phrases.   

What ur left with is those that are taking the drug, and those that are annoyed for listening to those that take the drug ... and what results is a polarization like you just noted.  Everyone else ... eventually leaves the site and goes on to find something like reality in their lives. Trust me, there are many users in that support group that spend WAY too much time on here, which makes sense, because without out it, they'd be utterly powerless to their depression during banal periods in the winter. This social outlet was a godsend to them...  

Hey, I'm no different.  I'm part of the group, but I'm not sloped toward just winter.  I like summers like turbo nerd.  I'm big into heat wave synoptics.  Tropics in the autumn.  And tho there are those that attempt to eschew convection in New England because it pales in comparison to that which is witnessed in the Plains, I find that argument irrelevant and bullshiddy excuse for justifying just having (SAD) in general.  

It's pretty fascinating actually... Psychological science has recently identified (more formally) an opposing disorder to the common understanding of what Seasonal Affective Disorder is... The common version is, people that sense the dimming of seasonal light, then ... augmented by cold temperatures, ...blah blah blah, puts them in the dumps and Debbie Downer irritability and mercurial ...etc..  Though it affects less numbers of individual by comparison, the opposing disorder is represented by those who have the same reaction to lots of bright sunshine, warm temperatures in summer.  

My hypothesis is that a lot of demonstrative users of this particular sub-forum (I frankly haven't ventured out into the main ones since the earlier days of the transition off of Eastern, because there is a real terrible moderation tendency that is sloped to popularity circles and that put me off...) are of that ilk.  They present/bring to the table, loud evidences that they are, though deny it with thunder stick of rage whenever one attempts to point this stuff out.

Hey, it's not personal folks.  It is what it is.  No one's a bad person for it.  But, if someone is, in a moment, feeling sort of put off by the fact that there is no storm in the current pantheon of data sources, and opts to go here to see if anyone else has located one, and thus ...lift their spirits?   you are off that ilk - probably. whether you realize it or not.  

\

Ha!  ...problem is?  this source has long morphed away from being a community of enthusiasts (regardless of scale of education in matters...) for the science of weather.  It is since earlier years utterly transmutated into a support group; bastion for those whose moods and perspectives on ...even life, are prooobably a bit too subjected/controlled by the vagaries of their own winter weather experiences - almost like drug addicts.  It's tedious at times, too.  You can read the writer/contributors ...they try to hide their bias behind superficial stock statements of doubt for this or that,  but it's still lurking there in the turn of phrases.   

What ur left with is those that are taking the drug, and those that are annoyed for listening to those that take the drug ... and what results is a polarization like you just noted.  Everyone else ... eventually leaves the site and goes on to find something like reality in their lives. Trust me, there are many users in that support group that spend WAY too much time on here, which makes sense, because without out it, they'd be utterly powerless to their depression during banal periods in the winter. This social outlet was a godsend to them...  

Hey, I'm no different.  I'm part of the group, but I'm not sloped toward just winter.  I like summers like turbo nerd.  I'm big into heat wave synoptics.  Tropics in the autumn.  And tho there are those that attempt to eschew convection in New England because it pales in comparison to that which is witnessed in the Plains, I find that argument irrelevant and bullshiddy excuse for justifying just having (SAD) in general.  

It's pretty fascinating actually... Psychological science has recently identified (more formally) an opposing disorder to the common understanding of what Seasonal Affective Disorder is... The common version is, people that sense the dimming of seasonal light, then ... augmented by cold temperatures, ...blah blah blah, puts them in the dumps and Debbie Downer irritability and mercurial ...etc..  Though it affects less numbers of individual by comparison, the opposing disorder is represented by those who have the same reaction to lots of bright sunshine, warm temperatures in summer.  

My hypothesis is that a lot of demonstrative users of this particular sub-forum (I frankly haven't ventured out into the main ones since the earlier days of the transition off of Eastern, because there is a real terrible moderation tendency that is sloped to popularity circles and that put me off...) are of that ilk.  They present/bring to the table, loud evidences that they are, though deny it with thunder stick of rage whenever one attempts to point this stuff out.

Hey, it's not personal folks.  It is what it is.  No one's a bad person for it.  But, if someone is, in a moment, feeling sort of put off by the fact that there is no storm in the current pantheon of data sources, and opts to go here to see if anyone else has located one, and thus ...lift their spirits?   you are off that ilk - probably. whether you realize it or not.  

You are like me. We like seasons in seasons and seasons to perform as they should within seasons.

Tip the psychoanalysis is over the top. Lol Most of us have families,full lives. We just love the atmospheric craziness. Sure there are some whackos but 99% of us aren't here to relieve some psychological ill.

Dude, you always manage to take the most personal interpretation of anything...

ur such a drama queen.   relax!   

This is overly peopled by those that care about winter for emotive and personal reasons above science. 

that's just the way it is.  

No one ever called anyone wacko ... and no, ur wrong:  a significant number of these users are in a virtual support group.  

I'm not going to get into a protract argument with someone that is readily defensive in the matter - so no response going forward.

Response to snowgeek

ski areas will be fine, I am.happier for my MA friends,sorry. Besides you think nobody cross country skis,snowmobiles, sleds,skis small hills enjoys winter down here? We just dont look out the window, plus the plowing landscape industry would be happier and lots of people will have work

Response to snowgeek

ski areas will be fine, I am.happier for my MA friends,sorry. Besides you think nobody cross country skis,snowmobiles, sleds,skis small hills enjoys winter down here? We just dont look out the window, plus the plowing landscape industry would be happier and lots of people will have work

Bring on the 20" lol $$$$$$$

Response to snowgeek

The general snow weenie rule of thumb is never feel sorry for anyone that averages more snow than you, haha.

Dr Tipfreud ,wonder where he got his degree? How can you post something like that and when someone responds you call them defensive. Might be the biggest croc of babble ever. Geezus.

He's basically talking about you, fool.

And Tips right, 3/4 of you on here, some mets included, need help. I've never seen a group of people who's well being depends on cold and snow.

Have a great winter. As a cold and snow hater, I hope you all melt down to a little puddle.

And Tips right, 3/4 of you on here, some mets included, need help. I've never seen a group of people who's well bring depends on cold and snow.

Have a great winter. As a cold and snow hater, I hope you all melt down to a little puddle.

Nice, keep upping that post count. We wish you well bring as well.

And Tips right, 3/4 of you on here, some mets included, need help. I've never seen a group of people who's well bring depends on cold and snow.

lol yea 8 kids,14 grandkids and running a 3 million dollar budget perfectly doesnt take any of my time. Lol depression? You obviously dont know me. Do I love winter, yes, do I.love every season, absolutely. Why are you here? Oh and GFY

Archived