joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NMM and ARW are about the only models that get the low as far NW as Southern Michigan (after tracking the low into Northern Indiana).

Not even the HRRR above gets the low that far NW. 

I was more or less looking at the northwest cut off position.

Seriously, GRR?! Sometimes they have some of the :facepalm: forecasts.

Tonight is "light snow" with 4 to 6 inches, but then "moderate snow" for other areas that get 3 to 5 inches. Then "Rain, possibly mixed with snow" in other areas with accums. of 3 to 5 inches. Aye carumba. Bad forecast, Ostuno.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=grr&product=zfp&issuedby=grr

Tonight is "light snow" with 4 to 6 inches, but then "moderate snow" for other areas that get 3 to 5 inches. Then "Rain, possibly mixed with snow" in other areas with accums. of 3 to 5 inches. Aye carumba. Bad forecast, Ostuno.

Auto generated products, don't read into them too much.

Sudbury talk is hilarious. My mom is from there, visited many times as a kid.

The city is ugly as heck but if you haven't paddled the lakes of Killarney Provincial Park then you're missing out on some incredible beauty. The area was inspiration for some of Canada's most famous painters, the Group of Seven.

Back on topic, looks like we might squeeze out an inch on the backside of the system with some wraparound snow. Will be fun to watch the transition.

That is pretty bad considering your temps just go down from here.

Auto generated products, don't read into them too much.

Oh, ok. I thought it was the Point and Click that were auto-generated. I thought the forecasters wrote/typed up the "county-wide" forecasts. Thanks for the head's up.

Sudbury talk is hilarious. My mom is from there, visited many times as a kid.

The city is ugly as heck but if you haven't paddled the lakes of Killarney Provincial Park then you're missing out on some incredible beauty. The area was inspiration for some of Canada's most famous painters, the Group of Seven.

Back on topic, looks like we might squeeze out an inch on the backside of the system with some wraparound snow. Will be fun to watch the transition.

:) Very true. I went on a 7 day canoe trip in those parts when I lived in Ontario.

925mb is below freezing the entire event. I think we're ok for the most part.

Precip rates will also likely cool the immediate low levels to change over any initial rain or mix to snow. Though when I did the forecast yesterday, I did keep snow ratios lowest w.r.t. the metro over downtown Chicago.

Oh, ok. I thought it was the Point and Click that were auto-generated. I thought the forecasters wrote/typed up the "county-wide" forecasts. Thanks for the head's up.

Other thing to consider, your area will be almost all snow if not all snow and will fall at a lighter rate than those who are going rain to snow. So the forecast actually makes sense when you look at it that way.

Precip rates will also likely cool the immediate low levels to change over any initial rain or mix to snow. Though when I did the forecast yesterday, I did keep snow ratios lowest w.r.t. the metro over downtown Chicago.

No doubt.  Places in central IL have dropped a few degrees into the 33-34 range as precip picked up (PIA and SPI for example)

Archived