gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be ok with that, I guess, since we haven't even been in the conversation for anything yet.

That Feb 23-24 snow would have been much better though had the temps been 3-5 degrees colder. We had at least 6-7 inches fall here, but only had around 2 on the ground when it was over. Eastern NC had the colder air though and got the big snow. Oddly enough, the big Feb icestorm we had here was a monster snow in the Virginia Beach and Norfolk area. If I remember right, the normally colder areas like Danville VA and the triad had mostly freezing rain and sleet. 

That Feb 23-24 snow would have been much better though had the temps been 3-5 degrees colder. We had at least 6-7 inches fall here, but only had around 2 on the ground when it was over. Eastern NC had the colder air though and got the big snow. Oddly enough, the big Feb icestorm we had here was a monster snow in the Virginia Beach and Norfolk area. If I remember right, the normally colder areas like Danville VA and the triad had mostly freezing rain and sleet.

Speaking of ice storms, would think that's a good possibility as we "pull back".

I was living in Burlington, NC at the time and I have no memory of that winter at all.

Is it just me or is this like deja vu from last winter ? We all know how Feb worked out for the I-20 corridor last winter, so I'm not holding my breath this winter. Looks like we may have our 4th snowless winter out of the last 5. This reminds me a lot of the snowless stretch we had from 2003-2007.

I was living in Burlington, NC at the time and I have no memory of that winter at all.

That part of NC should have did nicely with the icestorm and sleet. I'm not sure how that area fared with the snow though. The temp pattern was odd with it. Columbia SC and Augusta GA were colder than Asheville NC with that event and the foothills of both states mostly missed out.  

jb is the last to change his forecasts even when it's obvious he is wrong.

Really? I don't have access to his stuff but from comments here on the forum it seems like he's already changed his mind today alone? Several said he didn't mention any warmth this morning but then in the afternoon update said a pullback January 25-February 10th?

Really? I don't have access to his stuff but from comments here on the forum it seems like he's already changed his mind today alone? Several said he didn't mention any warmth this morning but then in the afternoon update said a pullback January 25-February 10th?

Yep, he saw the EPS run trend toward +AO fairly quickly in its run.

Yep, he saw the EPS run trend toward +AO fairly quickly in its run.

Will be interesting to see then. Cosgrove says a big storm January 20-23 will bring snow to the Deep South and major cold air behind it. JB says warmth for 2 weeks end of January and early February.

Will be interesting to see then. Cosgrove says a big storm January 20-23 will bring snow to the Deep South and major cold air behind it. JB says warmth for 2 weeks end of January and early February.

he said a pullback from what is coming, so maybe back to normal? He is a little worried about the 12z eps on the ao.

Archived