Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid some folks especially in the triangle area were spoiled in the early 2000s and feel like they live in Buffalo, NY and now feel that they need 80 inches of snow a year when in reality one snow storm of 4 inches would put RDU at average for the year. That's why I don't understand all the bellyaching from folks in the central to eastern part of the state on Jan 11th. Almost always you'll get average snow.

Heavy warm rain and severe would be fine with me. Just do not want 2 weeks of cold and dry. If this is going to be like 1998 our chance for snow is over, at least in SC. What little we got that winter actually fell in late Dec of 1997.

Do you ever have any positive analogs?? I bet a Jan '88 repeat, would somehow suck for you!? Snow too powdery, temps too cold, you couldn't make a snowman, you missed being in school, etc...

The same could be said about those who hug the wintry models. People taking the long range Canadian seriously because it's cold for example.

Well, the 12z GEFS and GGEM Ensemble means are mostly empty for any substantial snowfall, even in the super fantasy range.

It's just the same ole same ole. Hug the warm model run, discount the cold wintry one.

He's actually been pretty positive except for the last couple of days. There have been lots of positive posts. It's just not that big of a deal. And so far, the less wintry ones have verified. All of the winter weather so far has occurred in the LR....and it has continued to hold near the d10 time frame.

That may or may not mean anything, but it is a flag.

He's actually been pretty positive except for the last couple of days. There have been lots of positive posts. It's just not that big of a deal. And so far, the less wintry ones have verified. All of the winter weather so far has occurred in the LR....and it continued to hold near the d10 time frame.

He must be a Wolfpack fan then. Struggling on the hardwood thus far.

The same could be said about those who hug the wintry models. People taking the long range Canadian seriously because it's cold for example.Well, the 12z GEFS and GGEM Ensemble means are mostly empty for any substantial snowfall, even in the super fantasy range.

To be fair no one is saying that the Canadian scenario is gonna happen. You know what doesn't hurt? To look at it! We can look and drool at snow in fanstasy range, but it doesn't mean we are taking it serious. We love snow. If a model shows snow of course we are going to mention it....'

Archived