joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 23-27th Storm System's/Severe Weather Potential

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From listening to Brandon Clement, who's in Holly Springs, he's saying it really isn't sounding good. The city is all blocked off... and he said Brett (another streamer) said there's miles of houses gone. Of course, we all know how reliable initial reports are (not so much), so take it with a grain of salt.

I assume it's Bret Adair, who is a pretty well known chaser....don't have a handle on if he is prone to hyperbole. he hasn't posted to Twitter in 2 hours.

Called my dad about this. He is right at that intersection. Said he has heard there is damage on the southside of the neighborhood but luckily his house is good. Strangely, this isn't the first time the neighborhood was hit. We also got hit from the september 2002 F3 tornado.

Rated EF-1 per IND.

Had some gusts 50 to 60 with that first line around 4EST.  Few large trees down, minor power outages.  Strangely, no thunder until just now.  Ton's of rain though.  1.5 in my guage. Pretty heavy street flooding, creeks are at the tops of there banks.  Doesn't bode well for the next 5 days if the precip values pan out.

Starting to look scary for Nashville, 2 Tor warned storms headed that way if they hold together.

Stuck at work till almost 4.  Was only about an hour of light left so just went on home.  Then ended up going after the tor warned sup coming out of the QC.  Followed it for awhile northeast of LeClaire to southeast of Clinton.  The lights from the cities along the MS river kept it lit enough I could see the structure for the most part for most of the time.  Looked like it wanted to tighten up a few times, but I never saw anything really get too organized.  

Here's a hand held shot with a cross wind buffeting the vehicle.  Not very good quality.  I'll take it for Dec 23rd though lol.

ndquty.jpg

Dr. Forbes says the Holly Springs supercell has now traveled 206 miles and is PDS warned again

My second round of storms just passed through. Essentially no winds this time, but saw lightning light up the sky twice and heard thunder 4 times total.

Edit: make that 5

Edit2: ...6

Edit3: .... 7. You get the picture

Dr. Forbes says the Holly Springs supercell has now traveled 206 miles and is PDS warned again

My second round of storms just passed through. Essentially no winds this time, but saw lightning light up the sky twice and heard thunder 4 times total.

as I predicted, that first line literally dissolved by the time it hit here, not even heavy rain.   Let's see what this second line does.  It looks impressive but it's amazing how quickly impressive can become nothing....which is what I think will happen again.

I wonder if they deliberately parked there.

I thought the same thing when I saw that picture, "I know! Let's park under the overpass, we'll be safe there." duh.

Meanwhile, the Greenwood, IN tornado (3 miles from my daughter's house):

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

633 PM EST WED DEC 23 2015

...TORNADO CONFIRMED NEAR GREENWOOD IN JOHNSON COUNTY INDIANA...

* LOCATION...GREENWOOD IN JOHNSON COUNTY INDIANA

* DATE...DEC 23 2015

* ESTIMATED TIME...342 PM EST

* MAXIMUM EF-SCALE RATING...EF1

* ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...90 - 100 MPH

* MAXIMUM PATH WIDTH...75 YDS

* PATH LENGTH...0.25 MILES

* FATALITIES...0

* INJURIES...0

* THE INFORMATION IN THIS STATEMENT IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TO

CHANGE PENDING FINAL REVIEW OF THE EVENT AND PUBLICATION IN NWS

STORM DATA.

...SUMMARY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS IN HAS CONFIRMED A

TORNADO NEAR GREENWOOD IN JOHNSON COUNTY INDIANA ON DEC 23 2015.

THE NWS SURVEY REVEALED STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO 3 HOMES FROM THE

TOUCHDOWN POINT NEAR RESTIN ROAD. THE END POINT WAS AN ANIMAL

HOSPITAL ON STATE ROUTE 135 JUST NORTH OF SMITH VALLEY ROAD.

UPROOTED TREES AND SOME DAMAGE FROM FLYING DEBRIS WAS REPORTED

IN THE VICINITY OF THE TORNADO PATH.

Archived