• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

No, he's basically applying his own interpretation to low-resolution, long-term (10+ days) models that are already subject to an enormous error factor as if they were verbatim fact.  He's using this reasoning to declare himself correct, as if the time-period in question was already in the past.  Then, he rips apart anyone who disagrees with this assessment.  This isn't an equity derivs trading floor, it's a science board concerning meteorology and forecasting.  By definition, it should lend itself to constructive discussion, not ad-hominem attacks.  It needs to stop.

Lol. The call from 15 days ago are showing up correct for the period Jan 1 thru the 6 .

The euro ensembles are low resolution ? Brother they are the higher resolution op run 51x.

The day 2 thru 7 are now showing N. They were plus 5 and 8 respectively.

In HDDS forecasting that's a monumental bust.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. The call from 15 days ago are showing up correct for the period Jan 1 thru the 6 .

The euro ensembles are low resolution ? Brother they are the higher resolution op run 51x.

The day 2 thru 7 are now showing N. They were plus 5 and 8 respectively.

In HDDS forecasting that's a monumental bust.

Didn't you call for a sustained normal period starting in mid January initially?

Meanwhile nat gas is down 8% since JB's tweet. :clap:

Gotta love the markets, have a way of humbling even the most bombastic.

You mean after it ran 30 % in just the last week ? when he first went out on it .

His account tripled his money in Feb and April

Yeh you would expect a depressed commodity ( along with all ) with Xtra supply in the line due to capacity and warn December

Take profits.

Humble ? Ask me about the global markets and any correlation to gdp etc anytime.

I will help where I can.

You mean after it ran 30 % in just the last week ? when he first went out on it .

He tripled his money in Feb and April

Yeh you would expect a depressed commodity ( along with all ) with Xtra supply in the line due to capacity and warn December

Take profits.

Humble ? Ask me about the global markets and any correlation to gdp etc anytime.

I will help where I can.

I thought JB had said that he doesn't trade NG?  :whistle:

After he lost his hat in Novy and Dec.   We're rallying 30%...off of multi-year lows.  Come on dude, you know a good "Santa Rally" when you see one.  We weren't rallying ahead of Christmas because of Joe Bastardi.

Multiple reasons for this rally, especially at year end.

After he lost his hat in Novy and Dec. We're rallying 30%...off of multi-year lows. Come on dude, you know a good "Santa Rally" when you see one. We weren't rallying ahead of Christmas because of Joe Bastardi.

Multiple reasons for this rally, especially at year end.

His Nov call was horrid , but he admits that.

He's just happy when his guys make money.

One guy crushed it . So at least there is one happy client.

Conversely that spike had the earmarks of short covering in the face of the colder guidance.

The subtropical jet needs to weaken A LOT or it dominates the pattern even with polar and arctic blocking. Is the depicted blocking impressive? Yes, no doubt, but the Nino juiced subtropical jet is a dominating force. People need to keep in mind that it's the way January goes wrong IMO

Seems obvious for Jan.  Would be surprised if Feb is this bad though.

Didn't you call for a sustained normal period starting in mid January initially?

Yes I always thought the "flip " at 500 started around Jan 15th , at first around Dec 18 I said do I buy the flip around the 1st , but the Euro day 14 and 15 ensembles showed it , then it's weeklies and the indices started to line up .

So I went full bore on a return to N in week 1 . 'Normal " not an abyss but a complete change at 500 .

In early Jan N means 38/28 and after 60 you will feel it.

Just saying N here was pushed back on. Then in the present medium range I thought that initially looked like 4 days of plus 2. That's gonna be wrong it's more like plus 5. But it's transient .

I like where we go after day 12 .

I post my ideas , I show my reasoning. I like when right and I admit when I'm wrong.

Funny you say that I was surfing Lincoln all morning. Waves were good (head high with nice barrels) but the crowds were mental for a winter day. Wetsuit technology really ended the good old days of empty winter lineups

As far as the skuddins I grew up swimming against and surfing with them. Just incredible athletes always pushing it to another level.

Nazare is going to have another monster swell from the mega low in the North Atlantic. Could be the biggest ever ridden (again!) that place is such an enigma

Yes they sure do, they bring back a raging positive EPO. You can have all the -AO and -NAO you want and it won't do any good at all because the Pacific maritime air floodgates will be wide open for all of Canada and the CONUS and the AO and NAO get overwhelmed and trumped. If the Euro weeklies are correct, by week 4 it's ++EPO. Merry Christmas

And last but not least I give you this beauty.

OK I'm done. 60 pages of laughter .

Thank you guys.

Yeah very optimistic as of late

It's not juuuust that...it's that there is very real reason to be optimistic. Snoski has switched gears from the wretched torch talk and appropriately so. Some other posters continue to live in fantasy worlds of transient cold shots and February torches with the El Nino still raging.

Just about the only poster in this entire sub forum who should be cocky right now is PB GFI. If it were not for him, none or very few of you would have an understanding of the facts and factors driving this El Nino and its impacts on the changing pattern. PB's been out there weeks and sometimes months ahead of every other more reactionary poster. And ripping PB for being off on the normal temps because they came EARLY is truly pathetic.

A nice window for some mischief in Week 3 and still holding its own in Week 4:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/mchen/CFSv2FCST/weekly/images1/wk3.wk4_20151229.z500.gif

If you get StormVista Models, check out the daily gyrations on the 500mb. pattern under the Current output in last 5 days.   As one would expect the 5, 10 averages change less.

How was the Blizzard of 2005 for our neck of the woods? Decent Accumulations? or an all out NE event?

Great for Philly on North and east..12-18" But much of that fell from the initial low from the Midwest, not as much from the 2nd portion which was after the coastal bombed out and blasted NE. We did have some blizzard conditions though

Archived