joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking hurricane Joaquin OTS

dailylurker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a northerly shift considered a trend towards the Euro solution or no?

No not IMO at least. I've heard a few mets say there's really no middle ground here. It sort of either comes inland inside that generalized cone or it goes out to sea. I think this is still solidly in the GFS' existing camp. 

So NHC took the least climatologically sensible solution because it is a model compromise? So now the Chesapeake solution will get hyped even though it is the least likely...

Didn't they do that earlier this year with another storm? Kept shifting ever so slightly each advisory.

Honestly, I didn't expect the Euro to hold full serve like that. At the worst I though some sort of compromise. Back to back runs with little variance. Doesn't mean it has "nailed it" by any stretch. But that combined with enough GEFS members offshore gives me enough pause to not feel confident in anything.

Neither an EC hit or complete miss would surprise me at this point. Watch and wait is all we have. Maybe it's my fault because I test fired my generator this morning. Sorry man.

I thought it would start to cave by 12z yesterday. It's been so consistent it's hard to dismiss. Officially I am still targeting the VA Capes or so. This is ours. ;)

Did we though? Here's what we were looking at four days out with Sandy. I still think we need to begin to see additional consensus between the ECM & the rest of the camp.

I'm starting to feel lke the final solution wI'll most closely resemble the 0z gfs last night. Obviously just speculation. This far out with Sandy we had a pretty good handle on where it was headed.

post-2560-0-65654500-1443651084_thumb.pn

So NHC took the least climatologically sensible solution because it is a model compromise? So now the Chesapeake solution will get hyped even though it is the least likely...

Their methodology is kind of outdated at this point. But I don't think that track is the least likely. Their earlier tracks were provably the least likely. Still they can't make huge shifts every 6 hrs.

Chesapeake Bay track or bust. :P

Seen talk about it 'creating it's own environment' etc but I don't see how it can go very far south unless it immediately starts running toward SC or something. The incoming trough won't allow that. 12z gfs/CMC was the southern bound imo. A correction back north seems a decent bet unless the everyone but the euro fails option comes into play.

Seen talk about it 'creating it's own environment' etc but I don't see how it can go very far south unless it immediately starts running toward SC or something. The incoming trough won't allow that. 12z gfs/CMC was the southern bound imo. A correction back north seems a decent bet unless the everyone but the euro fails option comes into play.

Yeah I'm in agreement. I definitely don't think ILM is completely out of the question but you're right that seems like a southern limitation. I'm not sure I want to say that a VA/MD/DE hit is the most likely either, though. Euro absolutely needs to start coming this way soon if it's going to happen. Wild model watching for sure.

Archived