joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 12z GFS looks more like the 12z euro from yesterday if that is the case.  

12z euro was the best case (or worst depending on how you look at it) scenario with a full capture. Unfortunately 0z was further south with Joaquin. 12z gfs today was right in between the 2 euro runs. I'm thinking the same thing Ian is. Today's 12z euro could spit out a really fun scenario. Even if it doesn't show the capture the possibility is very much still on the table for at least another day or 2. 

12z euro was the best case (or worst depending on how you look at it) scenario with a full capture. Unfortunately 0z was further south with Joaquin. 12z gfs today was right in between the 2 euro runs. I'm thinking the same thing Ian is. Today's 12z euro could spit out a really fun scenario. Even if it doesn't show the capture the possibility is very much still on the table for at least another day or 2. 

The block is pretty uber. And low keeps coming west more than expected in short term. I'm less sure it'll be very strong but I really doubt it goes way OTS. 

The block is pretty uber. And low keeps coming west more than expected in short term. I'm less sure it'll be very strong but I really doubt it goes way OTS. 

Recon has an extrapolated 995 mb pressure and the circulation seems to have tucked under the explosion of convection. We'll see what he does when the shear relaxes. 

Recon has an extrapolated 995 mb pressure and the circulation seems to have tucked under the explosion of convection. We'll see what he does when the shear relaxes. 

yeah it has been looking better lately.. flare up of lightning in the convection too. it's still a bit east per prior climo tracks to make a hit on the US but I'm not sure that matters much since it's such a small sample. the pattern is there. 

Yeah no thanks on that kind of rain.  Even half as much would be pushing it for that widespread of coverage.

We did that for Irene and Sandy.  I don't remember that being a big problem.  We can handle 6-8"+ over 24 hrs, it is when it goes crazy in a short period (TS Lee, June 2006) is when there are bigger issues.

Archived