joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 1:45 pm EDT June 16, 2015 the air temperature was 98F. The image below captures two additional measurements made with an infrared thermometer, the surface temperature of the concrete in our parking lot (left) and the air temperature inside a parked car (right). Though the temperature inside the car has begun to flat-line, the temperature of the concrete rose another ~20F!

11046374_640702442697785_383335078088331

99 but DP is 64 so the heat index is only 102 this time yesterday it was 104-106 and the temp was 3 degrees lower.....dryer air in place today and so while actual temps may be a degree or two higher than yesterday it wont feel any worse....

101, dewpoint of 73.Wish that slightly drier air would come down this way.

KRDU has been at 99 for two consecutive hours, so there may be a 100 in there.

GSO sucks and we won't break 100 again.  97 is the highest hourly reading so far, so maybe a 98 is in there in between hours.

Yep, RDU hit 100, which breaks their previous record of 98.  That is the second record-setting day in a row for them.

GSO hit 98, which also apparently breaks our previous record of 96.  Yesterday's high of 96 did not set the record (record was 97).

FAY hit 102 today, which breaks their previous record high of 100.  FAY also hit 101 yesterday, which broke their record high of 98.

Spent the entire day at Carowinds today.  Almost the entire way home I watched heavy rain fall from clouds in three different spots.  I figured no way that I would be lucky enough to be under that.  Well as soon as I got 5 miles from home it started pouring.  Managed to pick up 0.35" at the house.  I almost pulled off the highway at one point to get some pics, but I'm sunburnt, dehydrated, exhausted, and was just ready to get home.  Some one who had a nice camera that was skilled in panoramic shots could have have made some really nice pics this evening.

Archived