joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw some wind damage from overnight about 3 miles from here, which corresponds to a storm report from RAH in the same general area (thunderstorm wind damage 3 miles SE of Clayton). Several large tree limbs down, one shattered and split Bradford, a wide section of missing hedge, and a bunch of small debris and branches. Was interesting driving from a clear road onto a pine needle strewn road.

Those are some decent storms down in the southern foothills and coastal plain. Echo tops running 35 - 40,000 feet. If I had a horizon to gaze at would probably see some nice towers. Currently 95/73 = 105 HI... was 106 20 minutes ago. It's rugged out there.

97 here at the moment. Heat index 105.1.  Toasty.

I'm in Orlando for the week and its disgusting here as well. We did sea world today and all the concrete and just had it blazing away. Temp isn't too insane but man it feels horrible. The wife wasn't feeling good already and the heat sure made it worse. Not to mention I ate ice cream which is a bad idea!!

Would this imply that the larger part of central NC or other areas who haven't had anything today stand the chance of dealing with another overnight bout similar to last night?

NEAR TERM NWP GUIDANCE SUGGESTS AN IMPULSE OR TWO...LIKELYORIGINATING FROM UPSTREAM CONVECTION OVER TN AND GA...WILL ROUNDTHE RIDGE AND MOVE ACROSS CENTRAL NC BETWEEN 03-09Z. THERE WILL BEA CONTINUED THREAT OF SHOWERS AND STORMS IN ASSOCIATION WITH ANYSUCH MCV/S OVERNIGHT...PARTICULARLY IN POCKETS WHERE CONVECTIVEOVERTURNING DOES NOT OCCUR BEFOREHAND/THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.THE THREAT OF SEVERE STORMS SHOULD GRADUALLY DIMINISH AFTER MID-EVENING...HOWEVER...AS INSTABILITY LIKEWISE DIMINISHES WITHNOCTURNAL COOLING.  

Looks like it's going to be one of those days where everything goes poof entering Spartanburg. Why is it so hard to get a decent severe storm here? For over a year they have been few and far between. Even the storms we have had haven't had much in the way of intense lightning.

Check the radar, playa! Things looking amazeballs on the radar and development is exploding! Coming right at us ! Can't miss !

Check the radar, playa! Things looking amazeballs on the radar and development is exploding! Coming right at us ! Can't miss !

We shall see.  It has exploded in the last 30 minutes or so, but things have a way of falling apart or taking a last second jog to miss me.  I wouldn't be surprised if it slid south of me and I just get fringed.

We got about 2 drops here, while spots less than 3 miles away got over .50. It's still over 90 here too. It's worth repeating. My location will NOT get more than .25 in any 24 hour period until maybe October or November without a cat 1 or 2 hurricane hitting the GA or SC coast or the Fla panhandle.

We shall see.  It has exploded in the last 30 minutes or so, but things have a way of falling apart or taking a last second jog to miss me.  I wouldn't be surprised if it slid south of me and I just get fringed.

It's too close to sunset now. Those storms have NO chance of making it to me or you. They will get to the GSP airport though, or just south of there.

Archived