CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning here for jville, I just saw the craziest rotation with this storm along the leading edge, not sure f it was the sea breeze interaction but there was clear rotation and fast motions in the clouds.

there was a weak rotation NW of town for a frame or two but nothing to organized.....it was around this time yesterday that storms started to pop up in this area but there isn't much going on out there right now nothing that looks like towers going up like yesterday..at least nothing close, I can see the ones way down east between the sounds.

And the thunder rolls...

710 PM EDT FRI JUN 19 2015...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT PORTIONS OF NORTHEASTERN WAKEAND WEST CENTRAL FRANKLIN COUNTIES UNTIL 815 PM EDT...AT 710 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED ASTRONG THUNDERSTORM 7 MILES WEST OF WAKE FOREST...OR 9 MILES SOUTH OFCREEDMOOR...MOVING EAST AT 10 MPH.HALF INCH HAIL AND WIND GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...WAKE FOREST...ROLESVILLE...YOUNGSVILLE...FALLS LAKE STATE REC AREA...PURNELL...FALLS LAKE BOAT RAMP AND FALLS LAKE.

No low clouds at all in SE Wake.

Watch the radar loop there was a outflow that went north across Wake Co that fired the storm that is about to hit Brick and it has produced a outflow heading back south lol.....towards yet another outflow moving north that is almost to Gardner and Clayton......

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=RAX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Watch the radar loop there was a outflow that went north across Wake Co that fired the storm that is about to hit Brick and it has produced a outflow heading back south lol.....towards yet another outflow moving north that is almost to Gardner and Clayton......

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=RAX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Yep. We also have some debris rain moving in from the west. That should inhibit development as it moves east.

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...

southwestern Franklin County in central North Carolina...

northern Wake County in central North Carolina...

* until 845 PM EDT

* at 739 PM EDT...Doppler radar indicated a severe thunderstorm

capable of producing quarter size hail and damaging winds in

excess of 58 mph. This storm was located near Falls Lake...or 8

miles north of Raleigh...and moving southeast at 10 mph.

* Locations impacted include...

Wake Forest...Zebulon...Bunn...Knightdale...Wendell...

Rolesville...Youngsville...pilot and Purnell.

Go here look at first story/video they have linked

https://www.facebook.com/wnct9?fref=nf

holy crap thats exactly what I saw, I was in verona its a mile away from onslow pines park.

edit: just drove thru town and roads are starting to flood here, the last thing we need here is more rain,with Ana alone we picked up over 4+ inches.

IF the Hi Res models where right earlier then there should be a cluster of storms that extends from Raleigh to the south that forms up and drifts east over my neck of the woods by 10-12ish, there has been no storms here all day so the atmosphere hasn't been worked over yet in fact its 88 with a 77 DP at 8pm with a heat index of 100 ugh.

Was on the leading edge right? Looks like it was trying to gustnado.....

yeah it was right underneath the shelf cloud, at first the clouds were going all different directions but then it organized more and you could easily make out two sets of motion one coming east to west off of the ocean and then the other coming from the NW (towards onslow pines park) and that video they posted was the organized part that I saw, I stood out there for like 15 minutes waiting for it to drop down but it never did.

Had some beautiful storms moved just east of me here in Orlando. Man the storms down here put out some serious lightning. Never took a direct hit but the storms were within a couple of miles. Made for an incredible sunset and some crazy mammatus.

20150619_203156_zpsf0v1sr7f.jpg

20150619_203303_zpsci2pdgsl.jpg

Archived