joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pwats way down, less than 1.5" from I-95 west in NC that's well below the last few days, highs in the upper 90's for the next 3-4 days sucks but we are back to normal by next weekend and that could be the beginning of a pattern change that last for awhile, oh well we do live in the SE and eventually you gotta pay the piper......the last 2 summers a temp over 90 was rare and over 95 didn't happen but maybe once a summer now we cant get a low under 90 for weeks on end.....

HRRR looks good for GSP area tonight.  I am heading up to Max Patch in a little while to try and get some lightning shots as the storms roll in for TN.  Good luck to all in WNC and the Upstate as far as storms go, we should see things explode over ETN in the next few hours.

HRRR looks good for GSP area tonight.  I am heading up to Max Patch in a little while to try and get some lightning shots as the storms roll in for TN.  Good luck to all in WNC and the Upstate as far as storms go, we should see things explode over ETN in the next few hours.

HRRR has been consistent all day with the storms firing around Spartanburg tonight.  Sometimes the HRRR is very good, other times not so much.  GSP obviously isn't buying what it's selling other than mentioning a few showers breaking containment.

HRRR has been consistent all day with the storms firing around Spartanburg tonight.  Sometimes the HRRR is very good, other times not so much.  GSP obviously isn't buying what it's selling other than mentioning a few showers breaking containment.

Yep guess we will see.  Typically it is a toss up with these type systems as to whether they re-develop after they get out of the mountains.

HRRR has been consistent all day with the storms firing around Spartanburg tonight. Sometimes the HRRR is very good, other times not so much. GSP obviously isn't buying what it's selling other than mentioning a few showers breaking containment.

How is it lining up with what is going on? The HRRR. Looks like one is eating up on radar

Looks like the eastern edge is already falling apart. Looks like it's starting to turn more due south and I'm just hoping for an outflow to make it here to drop our lows from the 80 mark!

I like the radar returns and storms are firing up in the nc mountains but can they make it over the mountains is always the question.

The storm that was south of Asheville fell apart completely at the SC/NC border.  There are some outflow boundaries flying around so maybe something will fire along one of those.  HRRR has the line in the mountains falling apart and redevelopment occurring in the upstate.  I have my doubts, but we shall see.

What was supposed to be 102F and no storms turns out to be scattered storms with mid to upper 90s.

KSPA is 99° right now.  I opened up the radar for the first time today not expecting to see anything.  Well, I was wrong about that lol.  Upstate seems to be a deadzone, but convection firing in the mountains and midlands.  I doubt I'll see anything, but then again last tuesday I didn't think we had a shot and ended up having a storm move through.  Warnings are out for the mountains of western SC.

KSPA is 99° right now.  I opened up the radar for the first time today not expecting to see anything.  Well, I was wrong about that lol.  Upstate seems to be a deadzone, but convection firing in the mountains and midlands.  I doubt I'll see anything, but then again last tuesday I didn't think we had a shot and ended up having a storm move through.  Warnings are out for the mountains of western SC.

I doubt ill see anything either since these storms aren't showing much movement. I can hear plenty of thunder and the clouds have knocked our current temps back into the 80s. "only" hit 97 here. If this trend continues for the week, this second heatwave won't be quite like the one last week. Im hoping anyways.

Archived