• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

We'll be in some degree of drought by next week. By the way, Robert says upstate SC will see very little rain over the next 10 days. GSP has an 80% chance already for Sat, but I think that'll be 20% or less by the time Sat gets here. He also said that the heat will be back in a fairly big way in July. More and more like 1993 all the time.

Just save your time and just copy and paste this the rest of the summer and into winter!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of doubting we see anything significant today or tonight.  There is some CIN right now and no signs of any development near the upstate.  HRRR has some widely scatterd storms moving through later, but nothing substantial.  Just have to be lucky and get under a storm.  The 4k NAM looks ok, but still nothing that great.  A few locations in the .75-1" totals, but who knows where or if that will actually verify.  I'm just looking forward to it not being completley miserable outside and having to water plants and grass everyday to keep them alive.

Edit: CIN has diminished now and storms beginning to fire in the usual area.  We'll see if they can push their way into the Upstate.

Dark cloud hanging over us the last hour.  Gonna be a close call.  My bet is I miss rain by the typical 1 mile.  The same thing happens over and over and over.  Rain shields deployed and at 100% capacity.

Seems like everytime a storm gets near me, the radar gets screwed up and takes forever to display new images.  GSP seems to be having a lot of trouble with their radar this past year.  I remember it was out for like a week not too long ago.

Edit:  And there it is.  Storm falling apart right as it gets to me.  I'm not holding my breath for rain tomorrow either.  When we get like this it is very difficult to get any decent rainfall totals in mby.  It's always a close miss or just falls apart completely.

Dark cloud hanging over us the last hour. Gonna be a close call. My bet is I miss rain by the typical 1 mile. The same thing happens over and over and over. Rain shields deployed and at 100% capacity.

Seems like everytime a storm gets near me, the radar gets screwed up and takes forever to display new images. GSP seems to be having a lot of trouble with their radar this past year. I remember it was out for like a week not too long ago.

Edit: And there it is. Storm falling apart right as it gets to me. I'm not holding my breath for rain tomorrow either. When we get like this it is very difficult to get any decent rainfall totals in mby. It's always a close miss or just falls apart completely.

Yeah, congrats to Pickens and oconee counties! Somebody over there has to have flooding by now! :(

Looks like eastern Spartanburg County and Cherokee county weren't invited to the party tonight.  Don't worry, we're used to being snubbed.  :)

Rain shield is operating at max capacity still.  Look at all that rain falling in the western upstate over the same areas.  It's not going to even get close to making it here.  Oh and look at all those storms popping up in the eastern upstate now.  Ahhh life in the dead zone ain't it grand.  Looks like I'll be running the sprinkler again tomorrow.

We need a hurricane or tropical storm to hit the lower SC or GA coast as soon as possible. Or maybe hit the gulf coast and come up  through the mountains. That's the only way we are getting rain here until November or Dec. The NWS may as well go ahead and make the Pop for Union county 0% for tomorrow. I also look for 95-100 degrees again tomorrow too.

We need a hurricane or tropical storm to hit the lower SC or GA coast as soon as possible. Or maybe hit the gulf coast and come up  through the mountains. That's the only way we are getting rain here until November or Dec. The NWS may as well go ahead and make the Pop for Union county 0% for tomorrow. I also look for 95-100 degrees again tomorrow too.

You do realize than when we finally get something track we will be the ones sitting under the subsidense.  When is that ever not the case?  I have more luck with 30-40% pops than I do with 60-80%.  I heard someone talking like it was going to rain all day tomorrow.  I just lol'd.  I'll be esctatic if I pick up a quarter inch.

We need a hurricane or tropical storm to hit the lower SC or GA coast as soon as possible. Or maybe hit the gulf coast and come up through the mountains. That's the only way we are getting rain here until November or Dec. The NWS may as well go ahead and make the Pop for Union county 0% for tomorrow. I also look for 95-100 degrees again tomorrow too.

Exaggerated much?

You do realize than when we finally get something track we will be the ones sitting under the subsidense.  When is that ever not the case?  I have more luck with 30-40% pops than I do with 60-80%.  I heard someone talking like it was going to rain all day tomorrow.  I just lol'd.  I'll be esctatic if I pick up a quarter inch.

If the storm hit the coast where I'd like it to and move up the Savannah river or up I-26 rain would be no problem for us. Or going up the spine of the mountains from the gulf. Of course any storm would probably go to the outer banks of NC and yes, that would leave us dry.

Archived