• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

Storms are firing across the escarpment and propagating northeastward.  Hopefully, MBY will get wet here soon.

attachicon.gifcodnexlab.NEXRAD.GSP.N0Q.20150612.1911.012ani.gif

according to the HRRR runs a similar pattern may occur today although farther east.  i am interested to see where and when storms and showers do form; this type of activity is a unique test of the HRRR systems.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've killed off our 30% chance today/night and tomorrow/night's 20% chance. Currently 88/72 = 95

HRRR is way aggressive and the 32 km NAM is sorta similar but the higher resolution NAM stuff isn't as gung ho as the HRRR which is saying today is gonna be a wet one for a lot of folks.....PWATS are pretty high 1.8-1.9 in NC and I am sure the low level instability is gonna be ridiculous today given the heating we are in surface capes are well over 2000 everywhere already and low level lapse rates are nearing 8 with a -5 LI, so its not really capped and there is tons of lift just no support in the mid levels.....so its gonna be pulsey whatever does fire...one of those days where storms kinda bubble along outflow boundries.....this is assuming it goes at all.

But run the HRR loop and see how it fires along the lee side trough first right around now or the next hr or so and then look at the vis loop it might be onto something

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Imageanis.php

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/wfo/rah/flash-vis.html

Sucky weekend to be on dayshifts. Heres the temp at my machine at work inside the warehouse

20150613_175338_zpsjgbadykv.jpg

That's nice of them to put a jumbo thermometer in front of y'all so you can know what temp your cooking at, lol! The heat is relentless and sucks! Hit 94 at the house today and dp of 67! Only going to get worse the next 5 days or so! :(

We hit 95 wit ha DP of 72 for a heat index of 103......but there was a breeze in the afternoon so it was actually ok on the porch watching the storms miss me 10 miles to the east. The worse is from around 10 am till 1-2 pm everyday no wind usually helping then and DP's usually peak by late morning.

Archived