joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not 1 drop here today. The storms fell apart before getting here. My point about needing a tropical system to get more than .25 of rain still stands.

Drought breds drought.. Stupidity breds stupidity

"Man I wish I lived in Jonesville, SC".. said no one ever

Meanwhile in AVL we have had 2-3 inches of rain so far in June. Yesterday no short range model picked up on the gully washer that came through Enka-Candler and dropped over an inch of rain in 30 minutes. Creeks came out of their banks and gravel driveways were washed out into the road. Ho hum

Drought breds drought.. Stupidity breds stupidity

"Man I wish I lived in Jonesville, SC".. said no one ever

Meanwhile in AVL we have had 2-3 inches of rain so far in June. Yesterday no short range model picked up on the gully washer that came through Enka-Candler and dropped over an inch of rain in 30 minutes. Creeks came out of their banks and gravel driveways were washed out into the road. Ho hum

Metal said his lifelong dream was to move to a metropolis like Jonesville

Decent instability starting to build east of I-95 and there is even a bit of shear, when the SW energy roll in later this afternoon we might see some decent cells fire.....

Just looked at the radar. Good size storm just east of little Washington heading south.

A breakthrough!!

.32 falls this afternoon.

Biggest one day total in 40 days.

Completely dry here.  Just a small downdraft that dropped the temp.  0.34" so far this month... ended May with a total of 0.38"

Getting crushed with a really heavy downpour right now, cell kinda peaked right over me and cant be more than 3-4 miles across....

edit: checked gauge .40" in 15 mins brings me to 4.24" for the month.....4.58" is the June mean average at PGV

Same storm headed right for us and then moved slightly to our east. We got a whopping .06" out of it.

Same storm headed right for us and then moved slightly to our east. We got a whopping .06" out of it.

Nice nasty cell just south of Ahoskie moving SSW ( crazy storm motion ) from the tidewater right now, its pushing a big outflow so it prolly wont make it but then again the thing is moving pretty damn fast....gotta watch it too as it seems to be riding the sea breeze and anytime they do that you can get rotation. If it holds up it will either come right over me or just to my east right around dark might be a cool light show....

You guys down east are in the right spot today. It's dry as a bone here with not much change expected for several days.

Well as quickly as a little cell pulsed up on the outflow it died out. The main storm is gonna be 20 miles east of me. All week long I've missed the thunderstorms by a few miles either way but still got over two inches of rain on the outskirts of the storms.

Nice nasty cell just south of Ahoskie moving SSW ( crazy storm motion ) from the tidewater right now, its pushing a big outflow so it prolly wont make it but then again the thing is moving pretty damn fast....gotta watch it too as it seems to be riding the sea breeze and anytime they do that you can get rotation. If it holds up it will either come right over me or just to my east right around dark might be a cool light show....

Looks like Williamston is about to get rocked.

Well as quickly as a little cell pulsed up on the outflow it died out. The main storm is gonna be 20 miles east of me. All week long I've missed the thunderstorms by a few miles either way but still got over two inches of rain on the outskirts of the storms.

This has been a weird spring. I haven't been at the house for a legit thunderstorm with actual lightening and thunder but one time. I was out of town when we had a decent storm event across the area, and we have had plenty of rain. But the lack of bonafide storms is pretty bizarre.

This has been a weird spring. I haven't been at the house for a legit thunderstorm with actual lightening and thunder but one time. I was out of town when we had a decent storm event across the area, and we have had plenty of rain. But the lack of bonafide storms is pretty bizarre.

The other evening a storm set up a few miles east of me. About 3.2 miles according to google earth and they got 2 inches of rain while I literally had a few sprinkles. I'm getting rained on but never getting the core of any storms.

Yeah watched it come in all the way from Williamston ( I got a good view at the house no trees) kinda fizzing now.....looks to get Greenville proper pretty good.....

I unfortunately had the pleasure of driving through that and I had to pull in to Kmart so I could avoid the drivers. Better safe than sorry.

Archived