joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now you are getting on Shet level. Looks like you are getting a really good storm right now, which most short range models showed earlier. Also looks like Jonesville got more than .25". I swear if that dern tropical system just popped up out of nowhere.

Whats your take on the upcoming heatwave that is onthe models, and the summer pattern in general? Seems that other people are jumping on board with Shetleys extreme heat and drought.

Whats your take on the upcoming heatwave that is onthe models, and the summer pattern in general? Seems that other people are jumping on board with Shetleys extreme heat and drought.

Meh its gonna get hot for 3-4 days with highs in the mid to upper 90's which is hot no doubt but it is A) the south B) summer soooooo its gonna do that from time to time in most years,....the GFS has the real heat breaking by next Wed click the link then use the arrow to see modeled 2M temps for the next few weeks....

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=seus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2015061112&fh=6&xpos=0&ypos=132

Meh its gonna get hot for 3-4 days with highs in the mid to upper 90's which is hot no doubt but it is A) the south B) summer soooooo its gonna do that from time to time in most years,....the GFS has the real heat breaking by next Wed click the link then use the arrow to see modeled 2M temps for the next few weeks....

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=seus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2015061112&fh=6&xpos=0&ypos=132

That sound like more or less typical summer weather in these parts. It seems some people here are freaking out with the 1993 summerwide heat and droughtpocolype. Thanks again for the response.  :thumbsup:  :sizzle:

:beer: Sounds like weather fit for some cold beer.

I'm not hvward.........but........That's not a heatwave.......yet......  :lol:   It looks like summertime between the portals to me   :(     I could do without seeing the HI near the century mark until, well,  never, but we all know that ain't gonna happen  :P  As for the rest of the summer.....it looks near normal to slightly above temp wise and near normal to slightly under precip wise for the majority of us. Drought is what we went threw the first decade of this century and hopefully we won't see another like that in our lifetime  :D 

It may not be as extreme as 1993, but the general pattern seems to be shaping up that way with hot and dry in the southeast and very wet in the plains and midwest. It's almost certain the flooding won't be as bad as it was that year out there, but the heat around here very well may be. Another year this may match up with is 1986. June of that year was warm and dry and then July was very hot and dry with the big ridge centered over the southeast. The best match though may end up being 2002 though at least in our area. That summer was hot and dry too well into September. It also matches up somewhat with how the el nino is going.

It may not be as extreme as 1993, but the general pattern seems to be shaping up that way with hot and dry in the southeast and very wet in the plains and midwest. It's almost certain the flooding won't be as bad as it was that year out there, but the heat around here very well may be. Another year this may match up with is 1986. June of that year was warm and dry and then July was very hot and dry with the big ridge centered over the southeast. The best match though may end up being 2002 though at least in our area. That summer was hot and dry too well into September. It also matches up somewhat with how the el nino is going.

I hope fall doesn't arrive late like it did in 2002. I remember Fall 2002 being wet and the first real cold front didn't arrive until like Mid October.

I see a few areas reaching 100 in the south Monday or Tuesday, but once that SE ridge breaks down by around Thursday we will get back to normal June temps. It will only take 1-2 tropical systems to get everyone close to their summertime avg rainfall so I am by no means jumping on the heatwave/drought until I see that ridge hold strong for 2-3 weeks. It is pretty wet up here in WNC so I have a hard time seeing drought up here, but other areas in the south have seen little precip. Columbia saw a record rainfall day but Buckeye saw minimal effects. Places around GSP have seen good rain, but I have watched Shetleys location and the rain just breaks up as it approaches everytime. I can see localized drought in some locations, but not widespread like 1993.

There's is certainly no drought up in the mountains and should not be anytime soon. That fact will help keep the larger rivers around here from falling too much, so a very serious drought isn't in the cards through the summer. The heat will be the bigger story, especially if the big ridge settles right over us for any length of time. 

Archived