joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 General Disco

snowlover2

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

96F in La Crosse right now... new record... dews in the 40fs... 

Rain rain rain in the forecast. 

Diagnosed with Lyme Disease over the weekend after feeling horrible....perfect bulls eye rash .   Had no idea it was there until i noticed the "bug" bite grow into a huge rash.

Yikes man, good luck with the treatment of the disease.

Diagnosed with Lyme Disease over the weekend after feeling horrible....perfect bulls eye rash . Had no idea it was there until i noticed the "bug" bite grow into a huge rash.

Yikes. I have caught a couple wandering on my clothing or legs this year, but none dug in. Get to feeling better!

Diagnosed with Lyme Disease over the weekend after feeling horrible....perfect bulls eye rash .   Had no idea it was there until i noticed the "bug" bite grow into a huge rash.

Sorry to hear that. Take care.

I'm sure to check my skin after being in tall grass or in other vegetation for any length of time. Have had a few ticks crawling on me this spring, but no bites. I go out of my way to kill ticks where ever I see them. Seem to have the eye for spotting them.

Today was a dry type of heat. Hit 84° before the lake breeze kicked in. Should do the same thing tomorrow before a NE wind develops later on.

Not too terribly impressed with precip/convection chances for the QC area until maybe late in the weekend or early next week.  Looks like the new convection fires south again tomorrow along and south of the I-80 corridor.  Thursday night the MCS from the MO valley will be weakening as it crosses the east half of Iowa.  Friday the next round of storms fires to the east again towards eastern/central IL.  We really don't need the rain anyway, as we've been at or even a little above average the last several weeks.

La Crosse and areas around here showing 3 to 4 inches of rain...i need to finish up mowing.

Thanks for comments...  i was feeling almost normal yesterday...but the days before were rough.  Fri night i started getting fever, chills, mind was racing..laid in bed all day Saturday feeling week/tired///  fever came back...  Sun morning the bug bite (i thought a fly, spider or mosquito got me) that was small a couple days ago was huge and expanding... wife said go in...  started antibiotics...  mostly after that it was neck/shoulder pain...extreme..couldn't move my head and night sweats.  I drenched the shirt i was wearing while sleeping the other night ...never have had that happen before (later read this is herxing===bad stuff dying and your body dealing with a toxic load of dead bugs).  

This is something you DO NOT want to take your time treating...  treat as soon as humanely possible (treatment is almost always Doxycycline)...  Problem with doxy is you aren't suppose to go in the sun (you can burn to a crisp)...not a big deal with me since i'm usually hiding in the shade.  If you get the bulls eye rash, you have it...  but yes...some people don't get it and that is even scarier!  Ticks also can carry other nasty things like Bartonella and Babesia along with other nasty things.... 

So yeah... check yourself over good... it can come back to haunt you years later and its very difficult to treat at that point.  I've probably spent a day  reading horror stories, medical journals, etc.  Early treatment is usually very successful.  

Saukville told me there was no Lyme Disease by him... :) :) :)  i told him he might want to get tested because it might be past the treatment stage.   Everything i've read says if you have deer, you have Lyme. 

well

lol. Beat me to it. After a light shower moved through this morning, definitely getting greasy out now. Hoping to see some severe this evening as the front drifts south and maybe we can get a little shear to go with the CAPE.

Hit 90 here at DTW at 4:22PM

DET's high (either 88*F or 89*F?) is even more impressive considering it was in the low 70s at 11am thanks to another round of t'storms and how high the dewpoints are.

Amazing atmospheric mixing...

BTW, I know michsnowfreak won't be too fond of that intra-hour 90*F high. :lol:

Hit 90 here at DTW at 4:22PM

Awesome. :weenie:

DET's high (either 88*F or 89*F?) is even more impressive considering it was in the low 70s at 11am thanks to another round of t'storms and how high the dewpoints are.

Amazing atmospheric mixing...

BTW, I know michsnowfreak won't be too fond of that intra-hour 90*F high. :lol:

Yeah, I'm surprised considering how stormy it was this morning. Usually those setups doom us, but we actually overperformed today.

Did you get any of those thunderstorms very early this morning?

Archived