joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 General Disco

snowlover2

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed our favorite loon, the RAP, shows us approaching 90*F tomorrow.

No way is that happening, but it's still funny to see, lol...

it was cold this morning. DTW got to 51 but apparently as often is the case in the summer months, DTW likes to be the warm spot (even DET was 50). I was at a friends in a more rural area and it had to be in the 40s. Low per wunderground was 49F in Wyandotte, and most of SE MI was in the 40s.

I doubt we hit 90 but its the time of year to start watching for it. Will we have a 3rd consecutive summer of below normal 90s? Time will tell.

To have a day where some locations may have started in the 40s and ended in the 90s would be crazy.

Someone had a second serving of Weenie-O's this morning. :)

Anyways, a few rumbles of thunder with the rain here in IKK this morning. I guess we'll see what happens later today...  

I knew I'd get you out of hiding.  :D

Back in IKK for good?

Quite a few rounds of rain moving through today here. Only 0.12" of rain so far. 

Finally heard some thunder for the first time in about a month!

Wished that MCS would have crossed further north earlier...

Ah.  I'm sort of in transition mode as well but my lease here is up at the end of the month.  I noticed that Chad's last day is June 19...wonder who the replacement will be. :lol:   

Mine is too. Got lots of things to do in the meantime.

And yeah, who knows? Whoever it is will probably be an upgrade. ;)

Ah.  I'm sort of in transition mode as well but my lease here is up at the end of the month.  I noticed that Chad's last day is June 19...wonder who the replacement will be. :lol:   

Mine is too. Got lots of things to do in the meantime.

And yeah, who knows? Whoever it is will probably be an upgrade. ;)

:cry: Even Chad's leaving. I think that only leaves blue60007 left in the LAF.

NAM suggests mixing potential to about 650 mb here on Wednesday...very impressive.  Not sure if it will pan out but those kind of days tend to overachieve temperature wise.

Busting this one out for the first time this warm season  :guitar:

post-14-0-48797800-1433778117_thumb.png

Edit:  12z GFS not as bullish with mixing potential with more of an inversion around 800 mb...or better put, a layer with weaker lapse rate.

NAM suggests mixing potential to about 650 mb here on Wednesday...very impressive.  Not sure if it will pan out but those kind of days tend to overachieve temperature wise.

Busting this one out for the first time this warm season  :guitar:

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

It's so hot it's off the color scale lolz.  

Nice to see high cape values day after day showing up on all the models.  Gotta love this time of year.

It's so hot it's off the color scale lolz.  

Nice to see high cape values day after day showing up on all the models.  Gotta love this time of year.

RAP will be interesting when it gets in range.  Knowing what that model tends to do, it will probably have widespread 95-100 readings or something like that.

Archived