Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 General Disco

snowlover2

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice wood burner there.

Fantastic evening with temps in the 70s and low humidity.  Only negative are the mosquitoes, which have become quite terrible lately.  Almost making me look forward to the first hard freeze lol.

Took a few test shots outside of town with the new ultra-wide lens shortly before sunset.  Can't wait to use it on storms.

2z50t3d.jpg

505cna.jpg

Do you pass these fields on the way home from work or drive out to them?

Damn Geos, must have been one hell of a lake front come through this afternoon, eh?

vcv1ww.jpg

Yep, that's why I said sitting next to a wood stove sounds really good about now!  :P

Lol

More like 61° at that time.

Your field sunset pictures are spectacular! 

Nice wood burner there.

Fantastic evening with temps in the 70s and low humidity.  Only negative are the mosquitoes, which have become quite terrible lately.  Almost making me look forward to the first hard freeze lol.

Took a few test shots outside of town with the new ultra-wide lens shortly before sunset.  Can't wait to use it on storms.

2z50t3d.jpg

505cna.jpg

seriously beautiful shots, Cyclone! :thumbsup:

40 degrees currently.  A few spots west of here are 31 degrees.

One more cool night tonight before more typical summer weather for the holiday.  Normals are 74/52

June average temp was:

68/46, which was -2.5 for the month.

I know someone else on the forum was tracking this, but the skycover this June in Detroit had to be some sort of all-time high for a met summer month. Even though the temp departure was only just negative (-0.6), it almost didn't feel like June because of the low amount of sunshine overall.

This cool pattern has really lasted more than two years (with only an occasional warmer than a average month and no torchy ones). The law of averages would seem to indicate it will break soon, but I'm not sure.

After not having any real +/- ENSO signal for a couple years, we seem to be shuffling things with this developing Nino.  If it can fade by early next year and transition to a Nina by summer, that may help the chances for real warmth for next summer but that is very speculative.  If we do reach very strong Nino thresholds, it's going to take time to fall apart.

13.40" of rain IMBY for June. Simply amazing. Posting for posterity:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
912 PM EDT TUE JUNE 30 2015

...ALL TIME WETTEST MONTH ON RECORD AT FORT WAYNE...

FORT WAYNE RECORDED 11.98 INCHES OF RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE.

THIS TOTAL RAINFALL MAKES JUNE 2015 THE ALL TIME WETTEST OF ANY
MONTH ON RECORD FOR FORT WAYNE. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WETTEST MONTH AT
FORT WAYNE WAS 11.00 INCHES SET IN JULY 1986.

FURTHERMORE...THIS AMOUNT SMASHES THE PREVIOUS ALL TIME JUNE MONTHLY
RAINFALL RECORD OF 8.55 INCHES SET IN 2000.

THE 30 YEAR NORMAL PRECIPITATION AMOUNT FOR JUNE IS 4.16 INCHES.

CLIMATE DATA FOR FORT WAYNE DATES BACK TO 1912.

A wet and moderately cool June for here. Didn't get nearly as much rain as areas a short distance away, but at 4.69" - still pretty wet.

Highlight was definitely the storms on the 8th that rode out of the W/NW.

post-7389-0-32917700-1435797966_thumb.pn

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
438 PM CDT WED JUL 1 2015

...JUNE 2015 WAS THE CLOUDIEST JUNE ON RECORD IN CHICAGO...

IF IT FELT LIKE JUNE WAS UNUSUALLY CLOUDY IN CHICAGO...DATA FROM 3
MILES SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY AIRPORT SHOWS THAT IT WAS. ONLY 46
PERCENT OF POSSIBLE SUNSHINE WAS OBSERVED. THIS SET A NEW RECORD
FOR THE CLOUDIEST JUNE IN CHICAGO. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS SET
BACK IN 1942 WHEN 48 PERCENT OF POSSIBLE SUNSHINE WAS OBSERVED.
THE NORMAL FOR PERCENT OF POSSIBLE SUNSHINE IN JUNE IN CHICAGO IS
65 PERCENT.

CLOUDIEST JUNES ON RECORD IN CHICAGO
------------------------------------

YEAR PERCENT OF POSSIBLE SUNSHINE
---- ----------------------------
2015 46
1942 48
1928 49
1969 49

SUNSHINE RECORDS FOR CHICAGO GO BACK TO 1893.

THANKS TO THE MIDWAY 3SW COOPERATIVE OBSERVER FRANK WACHOWSKI FOR
KEEPING AND MAINTAINING THE SUNSHINE PERCENTAGE DATASET SINCE 1996
AND PROVIDING NWS CHICAGO THE DATA FOR THIS PNS.

While Detroits temperature departure of -0.6F is not startling, the cloudy skies holding up temps. The avg high temp was -1.6F while the avg low temp was +0.3F.

While I do not have positive confirmation, seeing Chicago snagged the cloudiest June on record, I have no doubt that Detroit did as well. The average June skycover was 7.9. This is about normal for December (8.0), which is Detroits cloudiest month. I could find a few Junes with over 7 skycover, but none near 8.

Does anyone know what major climate sites stopped recording sunshine data?

Indiana did set the record for the wettest June on record with 9.03", beating the previous record rather easily (8.13" in 1958).

The highest individual total I could find for the state was the CoCoRaHS observer in Rensselaer with 18.06" in June.

In Illinois, the highest CoCoRaHS observer June total was 17.29" in Ashkum...in Missouri, 18.11" in Truxton...in Iowa, 15.45" in Saylorville...in Ohio, 17.27" in Celina...in Michigan, 11.93" in Adrian...in Kentucky, 13.98" in Owenton. 

Indiana did set the record for the wettest June on record with 9.03", beating the previous record rather easily (8.13" in 1958).

The highest individual total I could find for the state was the CoCoRaHS observer in Rensselaer with 18.06" in June.

In Illinois, the highest CoCoRaHS observer June total was 17.29" in Ashkum...in Missouri, 18.11" in Truxton...in Iowa, 15.45" in Saylorville...in Ohio, 17.27" in Celina...in Michigan, 11.93" in Adrian...in Kentucky, 13.98" in Owenton.

Getting more rain in a month than the west coast has had in a few years....

I forgot I was going to discuss just how wet June has been around here for the last decade.  Someone had posted that the old June record rainfall total for Ft. Wayne was 8.55", until broken this year.  I started keeping precip records in my yard nine years ago.  If you take out the big drought year, 2012, the other eight Junes AVERAGE 8.66".  June 2014 and June 2015, combined, totaled 24.74" in my yard.  When the calendar turns to June, we always seem to instantly go into a stalled-front-over-Iowa pattern.  I'm pretty much guaranteed to not be bored, which is nice.

I forgot I was going to discuss just how wet June has been around here for the last decade.  Someone had posted that the old June record rainfall total for Ft. Wayne was 8.55", until broken this year.  I started keeping precip records in my yard nine years ago.  If you take out the big drought year, 2012, the other eight Junes AVERAGE 8.66".  June 2014 and June 2015, combined, totaled 24.74" in my yard.  When the calendar turns to June, we always seem to instantly go into a stalled-front-over-Iowa pattern.  I'm pretty much guaranteed to not be bored, which is nice.

Damn.  

Archived