• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 General Disco

snowlover2

Has the HRRR undergone any recent upgrades? Money in the bank with regard to timing/placement/intensity of convection the last 3 weeks.

The same with the RAP in fact. 

This last upgrade of both was in 2014.

Next upgrades are scheduled for the Fall (HRRRv2/RAPv3).

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention very little heat (aside from that one 90*F day) and virtually no severe weather...

That one day where we hit the 90F (the intra-hour 90F that is :P) wasnt even TOO bad. I wasnt out long...but it wasnt even close to what I dealt with in south FL in April.

The lack of severe weather has been odd. Last Sunday, pretty much the only day this month where I was under heavy returns, I saw the reds and oranges on radar ominously coming at me...we had a severe warning...and all it did was pour STRAIGHT down. You look at a radar like that and you think, oh batten down the hatches...and there was literally NO wind. Just a straight downpour.

FWA gonna set a new June rainfall record. Depending on how the rest of the month plays out...might put it out of reach.

Top 5 wettest Junes on record for Fort Wayne (since 1897):

1) 8.55" in 2000

2) 8.41" in 2015 (thru 6/18)

3) 8.29" in 1958

4) 7.96" in 1981

5) 7.46" in 1909

And it's raining again here in the LAF this morning. 8th day in a row...

low was 35, but warming up quick... 44 now.

cool spot was Doe Lake at 30 degrees.

Nice - I hope your plants survived. :)

Reminds me of the cool Summer of 1992, where it dropped into the upper 30s in the western suburbs of Chicago on the summer solstice.  I can't imagine northern IL will see temps that cool again in our lifetimes, in mid-late June.

low was 35, but warming up quick... 44 now.

cool spot was Doe Lake at 30 degrees.

Sounds like the kind of low you would have in a secluded mountain valley in the summer!

Around 51° for a low this morning. At the days high of 63° right now. 

Pretty crazy for sunny conditions a couple days before the solstice!

Warming up a little bit...

sswt-00.gif

mswt-00.gif

Sounds like the kind of low you would have in a secluded mountain valley in the summer!

Around 51° for a low this morning. At the days high of 63° right now. 

Pretty crazy for sunny conditions a couple days before the solstice!

Warming up a little bit...

the chilly morning was pretty widespread over the UP.  Even some freezing temps.

I didn't lose anything

Sitting at 51° right now. High was 63° today - one of the coolest highs with mostly sunny skies I can remember at this point in the summer. Really nice dry stretch the area is on. Looks like it ends tomorrow night though.

A very pleasant day so far. Enough clouds to take the edge off the blazing sun (but still visible at times) and a SE wind to keep it between 67-70° ~cooler shoreline. Dewpoint still near 60°.

I imagine Saukville's palms won't grow very well in this weather.

Yet another horrible forecast bust today.

The call was for partly/mostly sunny skies, and instead it rained and other than an hour or so of morning sunshine, it's been doom and gloom.

Such an awful June for those who want actual Summer-like weather...

65 and cloudy this morning. I cannot remember a summer with as little sunshine as we've seen. Everyday is low to mid 80s, muggy and carries a threat of heavy rain it seems like

Sent from my iPhone

2010 was very cloudy here (because of so much convective debris), but the difference was that it was warmer. While not torchy, lows were consistently around 70*F with highs in the mid-upper 80s.

Yet another horrible forecast bust today.

The call was for partly/mostly sunny skies, and instead it rained and other than an hour or so of morning sunshine, it's been doom and gloom.

Such an awful June for those who want actual Summer-like weather...

I didnt see any sun, but I didnt get up til 930am lol. Its my day to sleep in :P

2010 was very cloudy here (because of so much convective debris), but the difference was that it was warmer. While not torchy, lows were consistently around 70*F with highs in the mid-upper 80s.

For comparison:

Skycover for the following months at DTW:

June 2010: 6.7

July 2010: 5.5

Aug 2010: 6.5

June 2015: 7.9 thru 6/19.

Unfortunately it isnt easy to find skycover records, but the probably one of the cloudiest summer months (at least based on how imfamously cloudy and cool it was) was July 1992, with a skycover of 7.5. I remember 2000 as being cloudy too, but couldnt find the number.

Looking since 2010, the cloudiest summer month was Aug 2014 with 7.2. The summers of 2013 and 2014, and certainly the start of 2015, were all much cloudier than normal. Historical averages for summer skycover are between 5.5-6.

Southern Kankakee County and northern Iroquois County have really taken it on the chin this June with heavy rainfall. A couple of the CoCoRaHS observer's June totals from that area (through this morning):

Chebanse 0.4 NNE (Kankakee): 10.99"

Ashkum 5.6 E (Iroquois): 11.12"

And those totals are all from the last 14 days as well. Very impressive.  

^Wow, that looks murky lol.

Kind of feel bad for the MI peeps, as we're having a pretty summerlike day out this way with lots of sun and temps in the 80s.  Dews are a little lofty, but that will make the pool feel even better later on.

I actually...and I KNOW I am in the MINORITY...dont mind it. Its a strange feeling for sure, to have SO little sun....but it feels good outside. The nuisancy rain has been annoying, but there has been a lot of dry time too....you walk outside, feel the light breeze and the overcast sky, and without that sun beating down, its feels so comfortable. It doesnt bother me one bit, but I know its depressing some people, so for that I feel a little bad lol.

I actually...and I KNOW I am in the MINORITY...dont mind it. Its a strange feeling for sure, to have SO little sun....but it feels good outside. The nuisancy rain has been annoying, but there has been a lot of dry time too....you walk outside, feel the light breeze and the overcast sky, and without that sun beating down, its feels so comfortable. It doesnt bother me one bit, but I know its depressing some people, so for that I feel a little bad lol.

We had some filtered sun this morning, but I've seen cloudy skies just about every hour for the past 48-72 hours. Not that it hasn't been nice out, but I do miss the sun sometimes. 

Archived