Newest Member
    mowsee447
June 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us could sneak in a heatwave over the next 3 days

While there is clearing, today will still be close as plenty of clouds on/off.  But certainly a possibility.  For tue pending on clouds and any storms could see hottest temps in 2 years.  Beyond there, as is currently projected temps will be capped in the 78 - 84 range for max highs  with plenty of storm chances 6/26 - 7/3.  Lets hope the WAR can build west ala 2013 (for those of us rooting on summer weather/heat) because the ridge looks anchored into the west in a big way for 10 days to 2 weeks beginning Thu 6/25.

We'll probably finish above normal here. It looks very toasty next few days.

Issue will be 6/26 - 6/30.   Some guidance is quite ugly (to most) Some days like yesterday with clouds and 70s only.  That can yield -5 to -8 dailies.  I think we'll be above by and through Friday, beyond there is seemingly tough.  Either way a nice rebound from the first week of -6 to -9's.  We've also dealt with clouds and hung up fronts in what should've been an otherwise warm pattern.

We'll probably finish above normal here. It looks very toasty next few days.

June is turning out just like April did. Cool in New England with warm in the mid-Atlantic. The battle zone between

above or below normal should cut right through New Jersey again.

Issue will be 6/26 - 6/30.   Some guidance is quite ugly (to most) Some days like yesterday with clouds and 70s only.  That can yield -5 to -8 dailies.  I think we'll be above by and through Friday, beyond there is seemingly tough.  Either way a nice rebound from the first week of -6 to -9's.  We've also dealt with clouds and hung up fronts in what should've been an otherwise warm pattern.

Agree Tony. We'll likely surge above normal at most stations by Wednesday. Tuesday I think could produce mid 90s from portions of interior CNJ southwestward. Near 100F in DCA. I'd be surprised if Central Park doesn't break 90 Tuesday. Then the end of the week until the final days of June have the potential to rack up some single digit negatives, and maybe even a double digit negative day depending upon short wave path.

Here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=phi

Temp departure at New Brunswick is -0.9 month to date; slightly cooler than normal.

I think there are three New Brunswick sites.  The one from the rutgers station is +0.3 but im not sure of the length of recording at any of the sites.  Either way within a half degree of normal.  

Agree Tony. We'll likely surge above normal at most stations by Wednesday. Tuesday I think could produce mid 90s from portions of interior CNJ southwestward. Near 100F in DCA. I'd be surprised if Central Park doesn't break 90 Tuesday. Then the end of the week until the final days of June have the potential to rack up some single digit negatives, and maybe even a double digit negative day depending upon short wave path.

Iso - too much sunlight deprivation syndrome for the solstice.  This sun today is therapeutic for sure. Lets hope we see some positive trend for end of the month, let it be cooler than normal and sunny if it has to be.

PS - you summer cast is looking stellar at the moment.  Kudos paisano

Great stuff! Good call on today!

Thanks man although i dont fell i made much of a call was just looking and tracking the obs (radar, sat, etc).

Had .39 in the bucket here last night 3.59 on the month.  nearly 5 since may 31.

Iso - too much sunlight deprivation syndrome for the solstice.  This sun today is therapeutic for sure. Lets hope we see some positive trend for end of the month, let it be cooler than normal and sunny if it has to be.

PS - you summer cast is looking stellar at the moment.  Kudos paisano

Thanks Tony! Looks on track so far, but I'm with you, hopefully we see more sunny days in July than we did in June. End of the week could be potentially ugly again. Today's a very Florida-like feel with breezy, blue skies and high dews.

Thanks Tony! Looks on track so far, but I'm with you, hopefully we see more sunny days in July than we did in June. End of the week could be potentially ugly again. Today's a very Florida-like feel with breezy, blue skies and high dews.

You're going to be right about end of June, the 12z gfs looks downright ugly. It would probably be in the 60s on a couple days if it verified with rain/showers.

I work tonight if it doesn't rain. I wanna take my father out for dinner so I'm praying it rains. What are the chances we see showers later on?

HRRR is still showing some showers around NYC bet.  5-8PM, but this model has proven itself (to me) to be "convection happy" during last 2 weeks.  Too many false positives, do not know about false negatives.    Skew _T's are a go for development.

Archived