• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

PF,  Does Stowe have a good live camera at or near the top?  Would be great to always get a live feed near the summit.  I watch Coles Ponds camera at around 2000 feet when there is a forecast for a changeover.  Anything higher in Vermont?

Watching the showers get over here in Central NH.  Looking at the precip falling looks like snow level is way up there!

http://www.stowe.com/_includes/img_retrieve.php?webcam/octagon.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is snowing above 2,000-2,500ft right now, but accums are only above 3,000ft at this point. 

But holy precipitation... storm total at the base area is up to 1.78" today since 4am, and 0.45" yesterday prior to midnight, for 2.23" total so far.  Maybe the meso-models weren't too far off with those 3-3.5" amounts.

There is a pixel on the storm total that's pretty close to that at 2-2.5".

Snow level is pretty clear on dual pol.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That's freakin' sick!  I need to learn how to utilize that.  Do I need to pay for RadarScope? 

Looks about dead on as there were flakes making it down to even 2,000ft during heavier bursts, but the steady, solid dendrites floating around was right up around that level shown. 

That's freakin' sick!  I need to learn how to utilize that.  Do I need to pay for RadarScope? 

Looks about dead on as there were flakes making it down to even 2,000ft during heavier bursts, but the steady, solid dendrites floating around was right up around that level shown.

$10 for the app

Did you do that on your phone?  That graphic? 

$10 no problem.  I thought it was like a monthly pay service, not a one-time deal.

On my ipad...I use it on my iphone too though.

They have an addition pay service (radarscope pro) for $10/yr with longer loops, lightning, etc....but the app was just a flat $10.

Still a good amount of moisture to go... secondary cold front is still up in Canada pushing SE. 

Nov_13_5_pm_zpsvjokr5w3.gif

Good snows out in western NY right now...southern tier higher elevation spots reporting moderate to heavy snow.

KELZ 132224Z AUTO 27013G28KT 1/2SM SN FG VV008 01/M01 A2975 AO2 PK WND 27028/2218 P0002 T00111006

Event totals: 0.3” Snow/0.92” L.E.

Snow started up here a little before I was making my observations 7:00 A.M., and there’s a bit more falling now.

Details from the 7:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.3 inches

New Liquid: 0.03 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 31.3 F

Sky: Light Snow (3-4 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: Trace

Looks like more snow incoming:

14NOV15A.gif

How much at Stowe? I think after later this week, snow making should stabilize.

Actually more than I thought.  Only 1-2" in the base area, but we could only make it to 2,500ft in the vehicle before getting stopped in 6" of snow and having to turn around.

I'm going to go with 6" upper mountain until I can verify more, but it wouldn't surprise me if its closer to 8" or something at the summit. 

Actually more than I thought.  Only 1-2" in the base area, but we could only make it to 2,500ft in the vehicle before getting stopped in 6" of snow and having to turn around.

I'm going to go with 6" upper mountain until I can verify more, but it wouldn't surprise me if its closer to 8" or something at the summit. 

nice bro

nice bro

From around 2,500ft...

There was 6" on the road here...with no previous snow, and a road surface, very easy measuring.  It was funny walking around being like, this is real snow.  This isn't just some dusting, this was the real deal, haha.  It was cold and dry but had some heft to it, I bet the liquid content was fairly decent.

Archived