• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noon   27F and looks like freezing rain is about to begin.  No salt on roads yet being so early in the season.  Wonder if this is going to be one of those events that catches people by surprise.  Special weather statement is out but this could be one of those situations with a bigger impact.  We will see how fast the temp rises and how heavy the qpf is but only need a slight glaze without any preexisting road treatment. 

We probably should have had an advisory out with the morning update. Not a fan of the cop out SPS.

Yeah, the difference with this one Ocean is that usually the roads have some salt from previous storms.  Obviously the pavement doesn't this time so I would think it would be easier to get a quick glaze.  Hopefully the ground is still warm enough and mid day sun  (not very effective in Dec) will keep it just warm enough but if VT is reporting accidents then I assume we will see more as the precip shield moves northeast.

Yeah, the difference with this one Ocean is that usually the roads have some salt from previous storms.  Obviously the pavement doesn't this time so I would think it would be easier to get a quick glaze.  Hopefully the ground is still warm enough and mid day sun  (not very effective in Dec) will keep it just warm enough but if VT is reporting accidents then I assume we will see more as the precip shield moves northeast.

I'm guessing we have a few already occurring.

Still sunny here in AUG though the high clouds are coming. Had a low 10F or cooler this AM (did not check the max-min) with thick and nearly unscrapable frost. Hoping that either things warm enough for plain RA or that the zr holds off until I get home after work. Touched 6F yesterday, easily the low for Nov. Month was well AN but also well short of 2006 for mildness, probably 4th or 5th mildest of 18. Had 0.6" anow on the 23rd, not even a trace on the other 29 days.

Archived