amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central park missed the T storm that Staten island got a few days ago...I had a heavy downpour with that...I'm not sure what the record is for consecutive days without measurable precipitation...The lowest monthly total was 0.02" in June 1949...

Central park missed the T storm that Staten island got a few days ago...I had a heavy downpour with that...I'm not sure what the record is for consecutive days without measurable precipitation...The lowest monthly total was 0.02" in June 1949...

The NWS added this great list to their climate page. This was the first time since 2001 going over 20 days without measurable precip.

http://www.weather.gov/media/okx/Climate/CentralPark/ConsecutiveDayswithwithoutPrecip.pdf

https://twitter.com/NWSNewYorkNY/status/598508218856374272

No measurable rain (0.01" or more) at Central Park since April 22, 20 consec.days. Last time at least 20 consec. days of no rain was 2001.

All time at the park is 36 days from 10/9/1924-11/13/1924. For this time of year longest is 26 days from 4/22/2001-5/17/2001.

Had 0.43" with that T storm here on the west shore.

I do wonder how much precip we'll see this weekend because it may end up a bit more hit or miss than a widespread rain event.

I'm cautious because all rain events thus far never managed to hold up except that odd line of storms. A nice 0.5-0.75" or more of rain would alleviate most concerns about the relatively dry conditions.

I do wonder how much precip we'll see this weekend because it may end up a bit more hit or miss than a widespread rain event.

I'm cautious because all rain events thus far never managed to hold up except that odd line of storms. A nice 0.5-0.75" or more of rain would alleviate most concerns about the relatively dry conditions.

I don't think I've ever seen the grass grow this slowly in May. It has almost stopped growing the last few days, like you often see in the middle of summer. It's incredibly dry out there. We are in desperate need of rain, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this weekend delivers. 

sounds about right in this pattern-can't buy a shower.

I have never seen this much pollen on the cars before. The line at the carwash the other day was backed up

onto the street like you would see in the winter to get salt washed off.

Archived