Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely not happening in Central Park. 86 possible but nothing more than that. The humidity levels are dropping and the winds will increase by the hour now so I doubt we get anything above 86 maybe Newark may hit 89. Also this weekend I think we will get rain! Half an inch is possible we really need it!

Guess you were right. Props

Clear crisp May day.   Pollen swirling around in drifts.  LOL.   Day 21 without rain here.

The Euro and CMC look similar for hit or miss convection chances over the weekend.

We need an old fashioned Great Lakes cutoff for a widespread soaker here.

But the persistent ridge isn't making the prospects likely for that to happen  soon.

The Euro and CMC look similar for hit or miss convection chances over the weekend.

We need an old fashioned Great Lakes cutoff for a widespread soaker here.

But the persistent ridge isn't making the prospects likely for that to happen  soon.

yes, another event where the models back off on widespread rain as we approach...need the rain, but would not mind it mostly missing on a weekend.

yes, another event where the models back off on widespread rain as we approach...need the rain, but would not mind it mostly missing on a weekend.

It's pretty hard to get widespread synoptic heavy rainfall this year unless you have some time of organized convection or tropical system. As Bluewave mentioned, it's going to take some blocking in the right place to produce some closed lows over the TN Valley which would give us a direct moisture feed in off the ocean.

It's pretty hard to get widespread synoptic heavy rainfall this year unless you have some time of organized convection or tropical system. As Bluewave mentioned, it's going to take some blocking in the right place to produce some closed lows over the TN Valley which would give us a direct moisture feed in off the ocean.

Agree...I'd take a cold front with a line of showers at this point...can't even get that as the last 2 came through bone dry.

Agree...I'd take a cold front with a line of showers at this point...can't even get that as the last 2 came through bone dry.

What's worrisome is that we are leaving the statistically wettest part of the year well below average and  now entering the statistically driest part of the year. Maybe the switch flips at some point and we go above average.

Its only been dry for 6 weeks...I find the dry talk and the overeagerness to predict a flip to wet sort of humorous. Some of you got too comfortable with deluges and wet springs and summers that you get befuddled at a below normal period whixh could last months not weeks

I think part of the concern comes from the fact that we're about to enter the statistically driest part of the year, so while things aren't that bad now, it could be a much different story come August if this continues.

Interesting stat from the NWS today.

No measurable rain (0.01" or more) at Central Park since April 22, 20 consec.days. Last time at least 20 consec. days of no rain was 2001.

Its only been dry for 6 weeks...I find the dry talk and the overeagerness to predict a flip to wet sort of humorous. Some of you got too comfortable with deluges and wet springs and summers that you get befuddled at a below normal period whixh could last months not weeks

It's the fact that drought creates drought. Especially in the high insulation season. If there is little soil miosture it is hard to create convection. Part of the reason the last two fronts went through dry. Add in the fact that it's a negative feedback cycle and there is trouble brewing.

It's the fact that drought creates drought. Especially in the high insulation season. If there is little soil miosture it is hard to create convection. Part of the reason the last two fronts went through dry. Add in the fact that it's a negative feedback cycle and there is trouble brewing.

The GFS is yet again showing a wet, unsettled period next week. We will see if that comes to fruition or not. 

Verbatim Memorial Day weekend would be sunny and dry with temps in the 50's and 60's for highs with 70's possible on Memorial Day. Not beach weather but not terrible either. 

First glimpse from the Euro also shows highs near 70 on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend with dry weather.

Interesting stat from the NWS today.

No measurable rain (0.01" or more) at Central Park since April 22, 20 consec.days. Last time at least 20 consec. days of no rain was 2001.

let's hope we don't have a winter of 01-02 incoming.  Folks think this period is boring....

The GFS is yet again showing a wet, unsettled period next week. We will see if that comes to fruition or not.

Verbatim Memorial Day weekend would be sunny and dry with temps in the 50's and 60's for highs with 70's possible on Memorial Day. Not beach weather but not terrible either.

First glimpse from the Euro also shows highs near 70 on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend with dry weather.

50s-60s would be great as there will be 200,000 people at my beach for the annual jones beach air show. Would be nice to keep them out and away from the water this year!!

I forgot to mention before that allot of what created the dust bowl was soul moisture related. It's a pretty simple negative feedback cycle. What we need is the ridge to fully break down and allow the stj to head up this way and then it woulnt matter how dry the soil is.

Archived