joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone uninstall AC units for 2 days of cool? I don't understand. You close all the windows in the house until Wed and open them back up

If I'm going to be mostly in the 40s for 2 full days then it's coming out. I'm not leaving an AC in while running heat.

Why would anyone uninstall AC units for 2 days of cool? I don't understand. You close all the windows in the house until Wed and open them back up

I haven't put mine in yet thankfully. This may be the latest I've ever gone and it's been OK with windows/fan so far.

Yeah...I see low 60s in my P&C right now. I assume those will be getting slashed and gashed.

Might sniff some low 60s early in the day before the bottom drops out. Our P&C is probably going to read a lot rosier than the actual sensible weather will be.  Though we are moving to the new P&C icons soon that allow for 6 hour splits to the forecast.

Might sniff some low 60s early in the day before the bottom drops out. Our P&C is probably going to read a lot rosier than the actual sensible weather will be.  Though we are moving to the new P&C icons soon that allow for 6 hour splits to the forecast.

Yeah...I meant moreso for Mon/Tue than Sunday.

I still think tomorrow is a FF signal in some areas with that front. Just has that look with ULL lined up fairly well in the same direction as the front. Front sags south with significant convergence along with some CAPE and very high PWATS.  S/W forcing and jet dyncamis aren't great, but doesn't matter too much in these setups.

I still think tomorrow is a FF signal in some areas with that front. Just has that look with ULL lined up fairly well in the same direction as the front. Front sags south with significant convergence along with some CAPE and very high PWATS. S/W forcing and jet dyncamis aren't great, but doesn't matter too much in these setups.

Spinners?

The scale of this cold is coming in under the radar - so to speak. 

It had/has the synoptic chill appeal, sure ... but the MOS products just cleaved a solid 10 F off the highs and low across the last cycle. 

Went from low 60s to around 50 in a single cycle.  Interesting.  

It's a srfc temp airmass. MOS for the loss until very near the event with these setups. Big cold high nosing in means business.

Yeah...statistically it's going to want to be warmer than reality given those mid level temps and climo. MOS munchers FTL.

Yeah...statistically it's going to want to be warmer than reality given those mid level temps and climo. MOS munchers FTL.

That may be why the MOS corrected violently like that...  Crossed from climo time ranges into straight up thermo -

Archived