joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When things go bad in the winter..i.e ..you were expecting big snows in our area and then all of a sudden it was congrats NNE and we got mix to rain or whatever or trends took it out to sea..you tend to disappear for extended periods of time to recollect yourself.

I don't think you know what you are talking about...I was telling everyone to keep the caution flags out in that March suppression event...even when models were showing good QPF up to NH border.

Maybe it's I just don't post as much on an imagined threat that you sometimes try and hype up (like everyone getting 2-3" on windex squalls or some dying clipper that is clearly on life support) that is giving you that impression.

I've also seen many times where models were too far north with stratiform rains in the warm season too. I think a couple of people..perhaps only one actually...are getting too worked up on QPF placements that will likely change with every run. 

Like I've said..I hope your big rain ideas are correct. IMO.seeing every set of guidance shift massively NW today was concerning. At this point just concerning

Like I've said..I hope your big rain ideas are correct. IMO.seeing every set of guidance shift massively NW today was concerning. At this point just concerning

I know you are kidding...but I don't think I said big rains for everyone. Someone probably will..perhaps areas in VT and ern NY and another area as the whole trough moves east later Monday, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that many areas will get some beneficial rains and not just stuff to wet the pollen either.

I know you are kidding...but I don't think I said big rains for everyone. Someone probably will..perhaps areas in VT and ern NY and another area as the whole trough moves east later Monday, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that many areas will get some beneficial rains and not just stuff to wet the pollen either.

I was just hoping 2-3 inches was coming for all of the area..and now I'm concerned it's less than 1"..but still time to iron out detes

I was just hoping 2-3 inches was coming for all of the area..and now I'm concerned it's less than 1"..but still time to iron out detes

It's very possible a line of heavy shwrs and storms fires on the front too on Sunday. Has that look and may even favor you.

I'm still trying to understand this wishcasting post. You should be safely north of the warm sector after your Sunday storms.

Thats the thing. I think front slows even more. Like either stalls over CT or even pike area. I do t think it ever gets as far south as some have you believe. I'm sure eventually it makes it to NYC but maybe not until Tues am?

Thats the thing. I think front slows even more. Like either stalls over CT or even pike area. I do t think it ever gets as far south as some have you believe. I'm sure eventually it makes it to NYC but maybe not until Tues am?

We'll see. NAM is on your side.

Archived