Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

the heat is on next week on the Euro. We sweat

Then a massive trough ends it at D8.5 rather abruptly ... I don't buy it though.  I have no issue with heat not lasting indefinitely at our particular lat/lon ... but the Euro is definitely over amped with that large scale feature beyond D 6/7 and per normal bias to be so. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far be it for this thread to garner much attention with that vicarious ST John's Wart elixir for -S.A.D. going on up in the mountains ... but like clock work, the 00z operational Euro came in last night much flatter with the heat ending bully amplitude - as expected.  

Heh... CAR had a couple inches this morning, and they'll be knocking on the door of 80F soon.  

In fact, that trough bounces right off the ridge and only knocks the 850 mb medium from 17C to 12 or 13C, and only for 18 or so hours before it elevates in the extended.  So Friday's heat end, if using that model, may in fact only be a relaxation before some sort of extended ridge reload.  I don't have a problem with that, though, nor this Euro solution, because it is a better fit for the positive NAO late spring.  The GFS subtly came around with similar handling in the mid levels, but is still too equitorial biased with its surface features in my opinion.  That type of ridge doesn't really allow weak boundaries to blithely situate that far S-E.  

This run of the Euro really is a spring page turner into summer, too.  The medium everywhere just doesn't look erstwhile the same as the week progresses.  I also find the preponderance of SE heights, albeit modestly anomalous, interesting.  

GFS and Euro are night and day up here for Mon afternoon...I'd probably lean more euro with the brunt of the precip being to my NW, but the GEFS are pretty wet too. We'll see what 12z brings. A healthy drink before the torch would be nice.

Definitely less heat on the latest Euro run. May not hit 90 here perhaps lots of mid-upper 80's depending on cloud cover. Man what a cool shot at the end of that Euro run!!

It did something similar two cycles ago, then promptly lost it ... 

Been advertising this for ...a couple years at this point, but one specific bias the Euro has is to over due events in the D5-7 range.  

But this heat never really looked like more than 87-92 type stuff anyway, so they were probably overcooked before.  To get persistent 95 heat there needs to be some Sonoran mixing and this heat was all Tennessee Valley origin.  

No it doesn't. Nothing had that except 1 run of Euro and the mild shot the last 2 days was all Epo driven., even track able

There is a cool down next weekend, but just not as sharp. There's a pretty decent high to the north which could build south but the 18z GFS weakens it significantly before its full impact as felt. Of course, climo is warming rapidly as we enter June so the chances of us seeing nights in the 30s and 40s is diminishing. 

So, a recurving typhoon in the pacific can be correlated to troughiness over new england? Just trying to make sure I understand how things are connected...

yes usually 7-10 days later, it's not a fast rule but roughly speaking the stronger the Typhoon the bigger the EPO ridge the deeper the East Coast trough. Many have claimed other forces and seasonal wave lengths effects but simply if you see a strong Typhoon recurve odds are no matter the other forces at work we get a trough and cooler weather. Very simplified but tried and true

yes usually 7-10 days later, it's not a fast rule but roughly speaking the stronger the Typhoon the bigger the EPO ridge the deeper the East Coast trough. Many have claimed other forces and seasonal wave lengths effects but simply if you see a strong Typhoon recurve odds are no matter the other forces at work we get a trough and cooler weather. Very simplified but tried and true

Thanks!

The euro pushes that front pretty far south on Monday....down to VA. COC wx for a few days after that while it remains dismal for a few days from forky to the south coast. That's getting into lalaland though. That high looks great though. GFS stalls the front out over us and we rain for days. Hopefully we get some rain from the front and then sun it up.

The euro pushes that front pretty far south on Monday....down to VA. COC wx for a few days after that while it remains dismal for a few days from forky to the south coast. That's getting into lalaland though. That high looks great though. GFS stalls the front out over us and we rain for days. Hopefully we get some rain from the front and then sun it up.

Sounds perfect to me. I love me some forky. Socked in forky is my favorite type of forky. I hope we can get him on the cool side of the boundary with a little bit of fog and mist.

Archived