Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What lack?

hard to be excited about the "potential" for an inch or two of rain but we do really need it everywhere....as much as i offer and encourage constructive dialogue during our winter weather threats this warm weather stuff is just not the same...

ill tell all of you one thing, fishing is at least three weeks behind where i am in southern ri for work, water is still cold and only slowly warming down here

GFS has almost a cstl front like feature too. Pretty neat. 

When the land is warmer than the ocean ... must be a backward cold front.  

I realize a sprawler is migrating N of the area, and that puts us both in a baroclinically active region but also in a cool, anomalous flow, but I don't think over-land atmosphere is going to be colder than 55 F at this time of year.  At least ...not substantially enough for coastal boundary mechanics in the typical sense.  We'll see... 

hard to be excited about the "potential" for an inch or two of rain but we do really need it everywhere....as much as i offer and encourage constructive dialogue during our winter weather threats this warm weather stuff is just not the same...

ill tell all of you one thing, fishing is at least three weeks behind where i am in southern ri for work, water is still cold and only slowly warming down here

Agree 100%, and yea although peeps tell me stripers are hot right now and fluke slamming on the reefs

The whole thing is very winter like.  Just the mere proposal of a lower troposphere blocking high pressure, with trough approaching from the NW and inducing inflow in the 800-600 mb depths... forced into isentropic instability, then evacuated by difluence above in the ~ 500 surface, is all quite reminiscent of the types of event structures observed in the colder climes of the year. 

It's anomalous relative to time of year, and again ... it hearkens to a "tendency" for me, blocking that I personally believe began some 18 months or so ago, and has continued all over the NH really.   From mock winter synoptic evolutions that parlay mere rainy days to unwitting minds, to dying Indians ..it's all a weird bent the atmosphere has to split the flow above and below the middle latitudes, and whenever the two are out of phase, you end up with these transient train-wrecks ...spitting out anomalies.  

The NAM has me in the 40s from 33hr through 84hr (would probably extend through 96hr).

Seems a bit zealous ...but, heh.. I just got done mentioning that we are in a kind of longer duration propensity for odd-ball scenarios so what the hell - 

Maybe we can white the roof-top to your NW while we're at it   :axe:

Seems a bit zealous ...but, heh.. I just got done mentioning that we are in a kind of longer duration propensity for odd-ball scenarios so what the hell - 

Maybe we can white the roof-top to your NW while we're at it   :axe:

It may be...but whether it's 2 straight days of upper 40s or 50-55F it's still going to be a sensible mess. I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of murky days to start the work week considering how beautiful May has been and how it still looks nice overall late week through next weekend.

I have pulled off 48+ hours of 40s before close to this late in the season. Looking back on my data...my max temps on 5/27 and 5/28 in 2009 were 49.6F and 48.0F respectively with over 1" of liquid combined amongst those days.

Tomorrow looks like a soaker to me. Sort of odd setup too with a backdoor-esque front sliding south from Maine and elevated instability residing over the developing steep inversion. I think someone gets totally drenched tomorrow. 

Mulch bed washouts? I agree...that's one of those deals where someone gets like 3+ in a short time.

Archived