CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO looks to continue to crush possibly Sugarloaf up to Jackman on Mon/Tues...the weenie maps are too widespread as even the sub-freezing H85 air remains north of Sunday River, but isothermal H85 and H925 just north of there probably including Sugarloaf and Saddleback.  Could also be some sleet and freezing rain though as it looks like later in the system the 925mb sub-freezing temps are more widespread than 850s.  Reeks of a 3,000ft mountain top freezing rain event if not snow, haha.

Good 1-3 inch rainer for pretty much everyone too...EURO is real wet from SNE up through Maine, with 24-hour amounts maxing in the 2-3" range.

I am definitely rooting hard against this. I'm a Little League coach and it has been a disaster getting the season underway and organized. The last thing I need is this crap.

I'd rather not.

95% chance that we end up with days of chilled, 43* puddles, while Steve unearths new stations in the mountains of northwestern ME, and ogles their obs.

I saw the graphic that had us below average precip but with snowmelt do we really need any rain? Ponds, marshes, streams etc seem to be doing fine.

Graphics show we are 2-3 below for the month, it's our rainy season prior to summer. April showers bring May flowers.Besides scattered Tstorms don't fill reservoirs and ground water. Better for now than June July, it's fine with me,all part of the seasonal transistion as this is not San Diego

Archived