• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

The pattern showing up is obscene on both OP and ensembles...huge blocking. If there was ever a pattern to get another snow event this late in April, then this is it.

Either way, we will be waiting a while for any true warmth...this past weekend was a teaser.

Yeh, just amazing. Certainly enough to keep things interesting through a month that I normally dread as a weenie. By the time it's over, we're down to only 5 months before we start this party all over again :).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never stop laughing if I grabbed a foot from a blue-tinter and caught '96 in the latter half of Napril.

It would be rather fitting.

Total longshot, but hey, stranger things have happened on the winter front at later dates.

ill mow and then yes the hills will pound snow

GC, maybe.

This isn't a very climatologically favored period for your area to crush mine in an event, elevation notwithstanding.

History is littered with examples.

You would have to get right under the most intense lift, while I'm under very weak dynamics.

GC, maybe.

This isn't a very climatologically favored period for your area to crush mine in an event, elevation notwithstanding.

You would have to get right under the most intense lift, while I'm under very weak dynamics.

You out-snowed his area in both May '77 and April '87. Kind of funny how he probably is better off than you in early April, but those mega-late season events have done better where you are.

You out-snowed his area in both May '77 and April '87. Kind of funny how he probably is better off than you in early April, but those mega-late season events have done better where you are.

At some point, latitude begins to become every bit as imperative as elevation, as long as you aren't in a topographically hostile area like the CRV or something.

ORH, diff. story, of course...but I think his relatively low latitude really starts to hurt form here on out.

At some point, latitude begins to become every bit as imperative as elevation, as long as you aren't in a topographically hostile area like the CRV or something.

ORH, diff. story, of course...but I think his relatively low latitude really starts to hurt form here on out.

Call up May 1977 and tell it that.

Also had an inch in this date last year

Monster Mon-Tues snowstorm on the Euro for NH Maine, wow

Can't see soundings but thicknesses are pretty high on that Tuesday system, so I'd bet that's probably a lot of pellets in that.

The end of next week is a different story....we're probably snowing down here on that.

GC, maybe.

I'd say this is the crucial element in those mega-anomalous events.  ORH got more than twice as much as did the Maine foothills in 1987, and 10 years earlier the foothills had a bit of cold rain.  Farmington did break its October snowfall record in 2011, but had barely 1/3 that of lower elevation/farther south CON.

I'm still thinking cold rain for next week, with maybe some catspaws on Mile Hill at 800'.

Lol...the GGEM has a big snowstorm too next week. About 36 hours earlier than the GFS.

Lols or not ... I don't have a problem with that ilk of thinking for the last 10 days of the month ... 

Not saying anyone solution will verify, but I wrote of this yesterday ...some philosophical justifications for an impending thick-schits of gloom pattern, and that snow wouldn't be out of the question.   

I've noticed during more than a hand full of years...  We here in New England, if you string mid April days like today end-to-end, there is a propensity to flip back into some dying version of winter towards month's end. Unfortunately, so late there's no snow entertainment -- it only drives people back inside.  May 2005 is a perfect example of that.  Gorgeious ...albeit hugely uncharacteristic ten or so days in April turned into a poetic quagmire in early May ... It took the whole month away, too.  Jesus. 

There may not be anything systemic about that ...other than a numbers game. If it warms-up and "nicifies" too early, it's just Russian Roulettest trying to maintain that all the way through the damnedest month out of the calendar year.  So... we balm, we buttbang...  

If I had a 'weather machine' I'd just have it be blizzards and ice-storms and then on like April 26th, it would be 90 F with a tornado watch.  

Lols or not ... I don't have a problem with that ilk of thinking for the last 10 days of the month ... 

Not saying anyone solution will verify, but I wrote of this yesterday ...some philosophical justifications for an impending thick-schits of gloom pattern, and that snow wouldn't be out of the question.   

I've noticed during more than a hand full of years...  We here in New England, if you string mid April days like today end-to-end, there is a propensity to flip back into some dying version of winter towards month's end. Unfortunately, so late there's no snow entertainment -- it only drives people back inside.  May 2005 is a perfect example of that.  Gorgeious ...albeit hugely uncharacteristic ten or so days in April turned into a poetic quagmire in early May ... It took the whole month away, too.  Jesus. 

There may not be anything systemic about that ...other than a numbers game. If it warms-up and "nicifies" too early, it's just Russian Roulettest trying to maintain that all the way through the damnedest month out of the calendar year.  So... we balm, we buttbang...  

If I had a 'weather machine' I'd just have it be blizzards and ice-storms and then on like April 26th, it would be 90 F with a tornado watch.  

April 1976 with 90s mid month ended the month with dreary 40s and 50s

Archived