Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Space Weather Discussion

ApacheTrout

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Like do those of us in a city have a chance even with light pollution?

Should be able to see it as long as you aren’t in downtown I think and the clouds cooperate. 

Kp is 9 now with a Bz of -43. I’ve never seen those numbers before since I started following loosely in the early 2000s. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Should be able to see it as long as you aren’t in downtown I think and the clouds cooperate. 

Kp is 9 now with a Bz of -43. I’ve never seen those numbers before since I started following loosely in the early 2000s. 

Overhead? Low on horizon? Or 45 degrees? Lol

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Skunked down here. Folks up 91, is it clearing out up there? Should I hop in the car?

I feel like it’s gonna be hit or miss for a while. The skies are def looking decent facing northeast right now here but there’s still a lot of crap around in all other directions. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like it’s gonna be hit or miss for a while. The skies are def looking decent facing northeast right now here but there’s still a lot of crap around in all other directions. 

Okay, thanks Will. Very helpful.

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Clear skies ftw. Let’s do this. I feel like in 2003 we were already seeing coronas at this time of evening. 

that's got to be the year I was heading to Canada and saw it.. one of the coolest things I've seen headed through vermont

Just now, klw said:

Only time I have ever seen the Northern Lights was in the winter of 97 when the comet was easily visible  too,

I remember in Mar ‘97 when I would go to my cousins’ place in Princeton you could see the tail going almost halfway across the sky. It was awesome. Back down in Worcester the light pollution made it only a very short tail. 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Back up to Kp=7 

Yeah that was a quick spike. Maybe we can shoot it to a new high if it has some momentum. Bz is down near -45 right now too.