Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said the watches failed. I said they were warranted at the time. Just that I have not had a severe storm personally during a watch this year. Just thought it was funny that I have had the biggest storms without a watch. I would think the big storms would come during a watch, when the conditions are supposed to be favorable for them, even if they are not severe. But that has not been the case so far for me personally. Not dogging the forecasters, I just think it is funny it has turned out that way. I feel like I am not explaining it well or something, so I will just drop it and see what today brings.

It isn't necessarily what you say.  It's how many times you say it, and say it, and say it, and say it........

86 with a 75 DP and sun that is flitered from time to time by developing CU, there is a 10 degree temp difference between PGV and RDU currently.....lots of boundries out there and with all the stuff coming together I think we see some nasty stuff today, there one caveat will be if it gets to clustered early that will kill the discrete cells chances of getting organized and severe if they are all choking each other off, the squall in the afternoon may be the main show as far as severe goes....

Tons of clouds here. This will definitely hinder destabilization.

Yeah, I don't care what the forecast is. Stratiform clouds into late morning always mean no storms to me in the evening.

Also, after two nights of big storms, I have trouble expecting a third.

Final nail in the coffin: moderate risk with a flood watch. Pretty much guarantees we won't see a drop.

Yeah, I don't care what the forecast is. Stratiform clouds into late morning always mean no storms to me in the evening.

Just passed through a shower on the way to Cary, too. Hard to tell if there are any high level clouds. Every now and then there is a break in the stratiform layer and the sun pokes through.

I don't know what I'm missing here, but I don't understand why we are being forecast to have widespread storms/severe weather in the upstate.  Just took a look at mesoanalysis and it is not that impressive.  Radar looks like crap, it's cloudy, and I doubt we destabalize that much.  4k NAM says absolutely nothing in the upstate.  HRRR doesn't look any different than it has the last couple days.  Just some scattered convection moving through.  What am I missing here?  Obvisouly it is something otherwise we wouldn't be near the enhanced threat or have 80% pops from GSP today and tonight.

First the front doesn't need much help forcing a severe line of storms, sure more instability matters but in the end then the main squall forms it will have more than enough to work with, even in the cloudy less unstable regions to produce severe conditions.....I would bet the best chances for discrete cells is eastern NC after 3pm as the forcing ahead of the front begins to work in.....however given the overall unstable nature of the airmass it wont take much to get it going.

That area moving NE out of SC into eastern NC however is working into some really unstable air and could form a small mcs and any discrete cell out in front could rotate helicities are slowly coming up and we see some winds going SE....I wouldn't be surprised to see the SPC do a mesoscale disco on eastern NC soon followed by a STW/TOR watch

I got 3000 scape and 2000 mcape LI -6

Heading to E NC.. Not willing to miss out on some good structure shots today .. Should be fun. Any soundings posted would be greatly appreciated. Second line will be the main show.

You better haul ass lol, its a solid 5 hrs to get to I 95, if ya get this far east let me know.....I know all the roads and good areas to view long distances.

You better haul ass lol, its a solid 5 hrs to get to I 95, if ya get this far east let me know.....I know all the roads and good areas to view long distances.

Thanks yeah was debating and waiting to see if my chase partner was a go, also popped my shoukd out Thursday but I am a good hour in and should be near rocky mt around 4. What is the best road for a view movinf east from that area?

Archived