joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little gusty but not too bad. Lost of lightening and power flickers.

yeah not quite as intense as 20 mins ago still some embedded 60knt winds and a new inflow notch east of Angiers and north of Benson 3-4 miles maybe...might get a tornado warning on it here soon if it last a scan or two more....also a curly Q rotation showing up south of Gardner

Normally I don't harp on SPC/NWS for not issuing watchs etc, but this time I gotta agree with Brick widespread blanket warnings for large parts of NC and SC and no STW....we might have a continuous line of severe warned storms from Raleigh to Orangeburg if the middle keeps filling in

Normally I don't harp on SPC/NWS for not issuing watchs etc, but this time I gotta agree with Brick widespread blanket warnings for large parts of NC and SC and no STW....we might have a continuous line of severe warned storms from Raleigh to Orangeburg if the middle keeps filling in

Add to it that part of the area was under an enhanced risk. Line looks ok and booking it to the east so maybe we can get it to hold together for another hour or two as it comes through here.

Add to it that part of the area was under an enhanced risk. Line looks ok and booking it to the east so maybe we can get it to hold together for another hour or two as it comes through here.

Not sure if it gets here in a severe state or not.....don't like that lighter stuff breaking out in front usually not a good sign, looks better on MHX that RAH radar a well......gotta watch the line a bit further south though looks like the line west of Clinton is filling in so that could save us from a mediocre event....blanket warnings way out in front on that northern edge NE of RDU

Bladen and Robeson county tornado warning.. hope it holds together heading this way.

Lumberton always gets the hammer......best couplet of the day too bet it is legit, prolly touched down just SW of town a bit broader now thankfully as it is passing right over the airport now

If it did produce it will be the third confirmed tornado of the day for NC

Ah pretty upset with myself, had a decision to make whether to head towards Dansville or back down towards Pittsboro and chose the wrong cell when I stopped in Stem, NC. Chose to go north and that was so stupid. Had time to get down to that warned cell. Caught some nice scud lifting and rotating feom the ground but dont think it was anything more than that. It was a hell of a storm S of martinsville though. Oh well the woes of chasing. At least I didnt wreck or get a ticket so today was a win haha.

+1, I could understand the reasoning if the activity was more isolated but when you have a developing squall line with a history of producing tornadoes and numerous svr thunderstorms then I would think at the very least a thunderstorm watch would be warranted. Southern end of the line looks to be holding its own, we'll see if it maintains intensity as it heads towards the coast.

Edit: looking at radar velocities I would not be surprised to see wind damage reports coming in from south of florence

Archived