• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

Looks like the numerous watches that were issued yesterday were well warranted...

Tuesday was a very active day for thunderstorms across the eastern US, with severe weather occurring across a very large area from Ohio and Pennsylvania south to the Gulf and southeastern Atlantic coasts. Additional storms also developed overnight last night. Fortunately, a much quieter day is expected today. The US National Weather Service Philadelphia/Mount Holly, US National Weather Service State College PA, and the US National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA will be among a number of NWS forecast offices that will be sending survey teams out today to assess the storm damage and confirm any tornado touchdowns from yesterday's storms.

11698961_832339500177550_120441703413615

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught some rain showers on my way home from chasing a dying thunderstorm in Danville. Then missed the Martinsville storm that evening because I already headed north. Oh well -- Bad chasing day for me as well.

That was the cell I chose over the one that produced the Lee Co. tornado. It looked like a beast for a while with good rotation but died right as I got to Danville. I regrouped and thought about heading home but saw that cell firing with convection getting going to its south so I knew it was gonna spin when they collided but it didnt have enough gusto to produce. I intercepted it in Ridgeway then followed it all the way back to Danville. So of the crazier rain I have seen and lots of cloud to grounds, but other than that you didn't miss much man.

Trees down from this cluster in Asheboro. If it holds together, they may

have to raise our chance of precip up above nothing.

AT 805 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A BROKEN LINE OF

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 58 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG

A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6 MILES SOUTH OF MONROETON TO 8 MILES EAST OF

ASHEBORO TO 7 MILES WEST OF NORTH CAROLINA ZOO...MOVING EAST AT 20

MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

GREENSBORO...BURLINGTON...ASHEBORO...GRAHAM...RANDLEMAN...SILER

CITY...NORTH CAROLINA ZOO...MEBANE...SEAGROVE AND MCLEANSVILLE.

Looks like the chance of storms is in the forecast today. The model Mattty E showed this morning in his video looked a lot more impressive with the coverage of storms today than WRAL's in-house model showed. WRAL said we have the chance of storms through Saturday. I have a feeling all I am going to see is overcast skies and some rain.

Why do I get the feeling the convection is going to slide right under me.  I see N of Athens is winning again.

The heaviest stuff looks to be doing just that. :(  Severe warned cell is sliding down into the Anderson area with rapid development of cells to the South of that.

Watching and waiting! Showers are popping up across the area this afternoon and more intense storms are in Upstate South Carolina where there have been some warnings. We have the potential to see a few strong to severe thunderstorms as we move into late afternoon and early evening hours. The main threat is damaging wind gusts and then perhaps some localized flooding.

Watching and waiting! Showers are popping up across the area this afternoon and more intense storms are in Upstate South Carolina where there have been some warnings. We have the potential to see a few strong to severe thunderstorms as we move into late afternoon and early evening hours. The main threat is damaging wind gusts and then perhaps some localized flooding.

Key word - "Potential".

Archived