• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

On my drive home: Left work, 45F. Most of the way home, 45F. Annapolis, 43F. Reached 2 roads away from me, 41F. Reached home, 37F.

8F drop when you near the Chesapeake Bay.

Snow pack still anywhere that doesn't get full sun normally. This rain didn't melt it.

Walking on the lawn, squishy muddy surface, frozen maybe 1/2 inch below though, completely hard.

This is going to be interesting!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

46 fog some light rain. High was a balmy 50. Snowpack was majorly assaulted. I've been expecting that. Doesn't make it any easier to take, though. It can't cool off fast enough. I gotta crane my neck to find snowpack. I live in tropical Virginia, I get to enjoy tropical weather lol

Geeze DT's latest call - He's really humping that euro HARD, at the rate he's going we just might be dealing with brokeback mountain. Sure, Marylanders with elevation will see that. Winchester VA will get that, Leesburg will get that no prob, we all know Rockville will get ten inches easy, but not us. I live in South MD's climate for krise' sake. Try again, DT. Three inches for me. I get to enjoy sleet for a time, maybe some pure snow if I get lucky. H2O is right: Climo - Know it, Live it, Love it.

Quite foggy with a pretty good pack remaining in areas where the Unforgiving March SunTM can't reach. Usually a snow pack dissolving in fog is melancholic, but with 4-6" on tap tomorrow (8" when I take a shot of Ween Out), this vaporousness is a pretty neat prologue to an event that will hopefully not stretch the meaning of "snowstorm" too much.

Archived