EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Humpidity Thumpidity dumper/anafront obs 3/3-5 /2015

Ginx snewx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORH is up to 115.6"...not nearly as close as BOS to the record, but within striking distance of the record which is 132.9" in 1995-1996.

But 17.4" from here on out is certainly doable for them...esp since they are more prone to late season paste job. Still going to be a tall task though if we have to waste a week in the middle of March with no threats.

I need 17" even....I'd say 20 percent chance. Too bad this winter morphed into 2010 for me.

I've got to ask, why would t.v. care about some random backyard snow record?

Serious question but what is up with you and this anyway? You mentioned having press around for breaking the Boston record, etc. Why, how and who do you know in the press that would care about something so trivial outside of this forum? Are you a politician?

You've never watched local ri news then.

They lead with a cat in a tree on some days. In terms of fluff factor, this isn't even that high a stl ratio. It's practically hard hitting.

Another underperformer, like every event since 2/2, though at least this one was close, forecast 3-5" and got 2.4" from 0.29" LE.  It almost all fell in 3 hr, 9-midnight, and ended with a tiny bit of fzdz, just enough to make a perceptable little crust.  If we get PC and 40, pack will be right back to pre-storm (at least.)

or less qpf then thought? Did SNE have better ratios or just more qpf? For once this season, I'd like to get an overperformer, but not looking likely.

I'm not comparing to SNE, just saying that we likely over-forecast ratios. Taking the climo average (12-13:1) up here was probably not the best solution. I don't think our forecast represented less than 10:1

Just running back through our forecast. We had a general 0.25 to 0.35 inches QPF, and 3 to 4 (lolli 5) inches snowfall forecast. That's ratios between 11 and 13 to 1.

From reports I'm seeing this morning, it's more like 8 to 1 or less, in addition to a little less QPF than expected.

Just running back through our forecast. We had a general 0.25 to 0.35 inches QPF, and 3 to 4 (lolli 5) inches snowfall forecast. That's ratios between 11 and 13 to 1.

From reports I'm seeing this morning, it's more like 8 to 1 or less, in addition to a little less QPF than expected.

I didn't do a core sample, but even when the better lift come in here, the flakes were avg at best...just a more dense snow I guess that fell with higher DBZ and not necessarily better flakes.

Getting an idea of what is going to happen if we get a heavy rain event, there is absolutely no where for the water to go

If people have good positive slope of the ground, away from their houses like they should if properly designed, the water should flow away, even under the snowpack in channels that the water creates on top of the frozen ground.

If people have good positive slope of the ground, away from their houses like they should if properly designed, the water should flow away, even under the snowpack in channels that the water creates on top of the frozen ground.

was talking more about the roads. I dug channels in the driveway but will see how that works when I get home.

Temps aloft don't start falling until after 00z with the secondary push of cold.

Yeah we're rotting near 0C at 850 most of the day...if we broke the clouds with a good breeze, a lot of places would probably spike to near 50F...but prbably not gonna happen.

Yeah we're rotting near 0C at 850 most of the day...if we broke the clouds with a good breeze, a lot of places would probably spike to near 50F...but prbably not gonna happen.

Up here we'll be mostly spared because this first push the dews are dropping. Not a snow-eater type air mass.

Archived