12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually for Bi-polar (1 or 2) or any major mood disorder, an SSRI would never be a 1st line treatment.  A mood stabilizer would, and/or an atypical anti-psychotic.  For someone so confident in an internet diagnosis, you're ignorant when it comes to how to address it.  

anti-psychotics can be slippery slopes, and can make things worse.  they are very powerful medications.

SSRIs are actually great for mood disorders, but everyone has different biochemical make ups.  sometimes it takes 3 or 4 different ones before dialing in on the "right" one.  my experience with talk therapy is that it is overrated, but it can be helpful for folks with OCD, or things like snow obsession.

some docs push benzos, but those are best for very short term or acute issues.  lots get hooked on benzos and i hear that wd is horrible.

Needabiggerboat-  I'm sorry to learn of the battle you're waging. Cancer sucks big hairy donkey balls. I don't use that phrase often, because it's so jarring and horrid. But so is cancer.

Wishing you strength and comfort. And when the time comes, all the morphine you desire.

anti-psychotics can be slippery slopes, and can make things worse.  they are very powerful medications.

SSRIs are actually great for mood disorders, but everyone has different biochemical make ups.  sometimes it takes 3 or 4 different ones before dialing in on the "right" one.  my experience with talk therapy is that it is overrated, but it can be helpful for folks with OCD, or things like snow obsession.

some docs push benzos, but those are best for very short term or acute issues.  lots get hooked on benzos and i hear that wd is horrible.

Best of luck fighting your illness.  Very few of us know what it is like to be in your shoes.  I should be kinder to you (and to others as well).  

Needabiggerboat-  I'm sorry to learn of the battle you're waging. Cancer sucks big hairy donkey balls. I don't use that phrase often, because it's so jarring and horrid. But so is cancer.

Wishing you strength and comfort. And when the time comes, all the morphine you desire.

thanks.  eh, not a fan of morphine.  going to cover myself in fentanyl patches and lay on the beach at high noon.

Best of luck fighting your illness.  Very few of us know what it is like to be in your shoes.  I should be kinder to you (and to others as well).  

thanks, same to you.  we all walk in the same shoes.  we all get ded.  i'll be around for a bit, and i intend to continue to troll you, albeit with less vile.

sorry i brought up my health stuff everone, it's not really relevant.  we need to get ready for teh pummeling and focus on that.

Archived