joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MPM/Codfishsnowman Whoa is Me Thread

mreaves

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[scratches head] I love how mpm often posts about legitimate concerns as an event approaches and a whole thread gets dedicated to his "Eeyore-ness"." ... While other posters just as often make up "meteorology" out of their ass to fit their agenda, and they're beloved by almost all. ... just don't get it.

[/scratches head]

There's a ledge jumping thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum.  Go and cry over there about how you are at average or above average, but still feel the need to cry.

its ok 2x climo I will gladly vent here, so no thank you on your remarkably charming invitation to cry in their thread especially since this is an approved thread.

[scratches head] I love how mpm often posts about legitimate concerns as an event approaches and a whole thread gets dedicated to his "Eeyore-ness"." ... While other posters just as often make up "meteorology" out of their ass to fit their agenda, and they're beloved by almost all. ... just don't get it.

[/scratches head]

I was just bustin on them. Like I said, I understand the frustration of being so close and yet so far from the epicosity that has been ESNE. Also, remember there was a Meltdown/Panic in Tolland thread too.

[scratches head] I love how mpm often posts about legitimate concerns as an event approaches and 25 posts in the storm threat thread talk about his eore-ness"." ... While other posters just as often make up "meteorology" out of their ass to fit their agenda, and they're beloved by almost all. ... just don't get it.

[/scratches head]

IT is an e sne centric board thou we can include C CT on east with that. So when that area is doing well....MPM will "be fine" or a "qpf queen" if models are trending poorly for him, (even when there is no "deform" band he is deemed the "center" of). and if e sne is doing poorly and rain than well mpm should be in euphoria because well even if he sees an inch, he doing better than the CP, like that should mean something to him living in W Ma at 1k. He does seem to poo poo more events than need be thou, and sort of defaults to a nervous sort of "what will go wrong with this storm" demeanor lol,  so there is that which sort of hurts him 2x being that the tenor of the board already is in E SNE to start with.

when emass was going through the snow drought between snowtober and the feb blizzard the complaining was at a level that buried my eeyore posting in snow drifts higher than those found the past few weeks along the likes of Hull and Marshfield......now that debt was more than settled with two gargantuan events within 30 days for eastern folk back in 13....and theyve had no hardships since....this is a New England board and last i checked mpm,hv, myself, wxmanmitch among others all reside comfortably in the confines of New England....maybe more posters are ene but that under no circumstances should make this a ene centric forum....

IT is an e sne centric board thou we can include C CT on east with that. So when that area is doing well....MPM will "be fine" or a "qpf queen" if models are trending poorly for him, (even when there is no "deform" band he is deemed the "center" of). and if e sne is doing poorly and rain than well mpm should be in euphoria because well even if he sees an inch, he doing better than the CP, like that should mean something to him living in W Ma at 1k. He does seem to poo poo more events than need be thou, and sort of defaults to a nervous sort of "what will go wrong with this storm" demeanor lol, so there is that which sort of hurts him 2x being that the tenor of the board already is in E SNE to start with.

This pretty much explains it.

I get it as often times there are valid concerns he brings up, but Pickles hit the nail on the head as weather or snow on here is often relative to the coastal plain. It can sometimes be that you live in a higher snowfall area so you should never complain about anything.

But it also makes sense as that's where the majority of the posters are from, so to them they hear a guy from 1000ft in the Berks complaining about snow and are like "get over it."

[/scratches head]

Haha valid point. But people would rather discuss unicorns and rainbows most times rather than concerns about an event not working out. Sometimes it's hard to tell though if it's just MPM being MPM, or if it's an actual valid concern.

This pretty much explains it.

I get it as often times there are valid concerns he brings up, but Pickles hit the nail on the head as weather or snow on here is often relative to the coastal plain. It can sometimes be that you live in a higher snowfall area so you should never complain about anything.

But it also makes sense as that's where the majority of the posters are from, so to them they hear a guy from 1000ft in the Berks complaining about snow and are like "get over it."

BOS ~ 100" season to date, PWM ~ 87"

Sure PWM is 40" above normal to date, but BOS is +70", just two different climates really.

But how dare I say this winter has been a winter of what ifs. ;)

there is definitely an "old boys club" vibe to this forum...i dont know if its bad luck that i stumbled across this board that coincides with a remarkable stretch of winters for the cp and esne but this is how its played out....the knowledge that one can gain through all the shenanigans is invaluable however...but in the last ten years or so i have only seen one or two winters where the goods were delivered like they should be at 1k in the berks....all the rain and sleet will be worth it in the future to see regression to the mean

there is definitely an "old boys club" vibe to this forum...i dont know if its bad luck that i stumbled across this board that coincides with a remarkable stretch of winters for the cp and esne but this is how its played out....the knowledge that one can gain through all the shenanigans is invaluable however...but in the last ten years or so i have only seen one or two winters where the goods were delivered like they should be at 1k in the berks....all the rain and sleet will be worth it in the future to see regression to the mean

There are definitely some folks in here that have a history, but I think, for the most part people are pretty accepting of new comers.  I've only been around for 7 or so years so I suppose that is still "new".

My comments before were in jest, so don't take it hard.  I have met Mike, and he is a great guy, and I know he can take the ribbing he gets pretty good.  The different personalities are what makes this place a good place to post.  If there was not diversity, it would be stale and boring.  Keep doing what you are doing.  We are all passionate of various forms of weather, and it can show.   

• 2 weeks later...

the south coast areas with their 65 to 100 numbers are 200 to 300 pct above normal....im 130 to 135 pct of normal....sorry just dont see it as victorious....its truly remarkable for southern and eastern sections and headed that way for most if not all of nyc metro and mid atl....ive been tracking winter seasons since 84-85 and have always been aware of what fell around me in sne....never and i mean never have i felt so dissapointed....i thought after missing the firehose in march 13 by a few miles it couldnt be worse or box day 2010 but this just kills it

the south coast areas with their 65 to 100 numbers are 200 to 300 pct above normal....im 130 to 135 pct of normal....sorry just dont see it as victorious....its truly remarkable for southern and eastern sections and headed that way for most if not all of nyc metro and mid atl....ive been tracking winter seasons since 84-85 and have always been aware of what fell around me in sne....never and i mean never have i felt so dissapointed....i thought after missing the firehose in march 13 by a few miles it couldnt be worse or box day 2010 but this just kills it

So basically what you're saying is you have a jackpot fetish and can't be satisfied otherwise.  Got it,

No big events locally is what made this winter frustrating.  There were so many snow events where I could see the sun through the clouds and it was almost too cold to go outside.  Days and days of lousy commutes to and from work, for measly snowfalls.  And then the wind would blow the dusting right back into the road.  Shoveling out the driveway and scraping off the car got really tedious.  I usually enjoy those activities.

The seasonal total is respectable because there were so many events.  But other than Thanksgiving, which quickly melted, none were memorable.

The rapid shift to melt season without a relaxation and shift to the storm track will cap off the winter.

Archived