• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring 2015 Medium/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

A strong -NAO/AO has not been the dominant pattern over the last 2 years...

Southern tier of US should still remain active depending on how far south the cold front from the ULL makes it, but severe potential for Great Lakes area will likely be shut down heading into May. I'm not complaining considering some areas further south could still use some rain to moisten things up for May/June.

If there isn't a big uptick in activity the rest of the month, there's gonna be some pretty dreadful January-April severe/tornado numbers for severe weather fans.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there isn't a big uptick in activity the rest of the month, there's gonna be some pretty dreadful January-April severe/tornado numbers for severe weather fans.

There is a chance late next week of something sneaking by to the south of the mess up this way. That could lead to some decent severe in the south, but ya locally it has been pretty light other than last week's event.

Sunday has potential to be pretty substantial in AR/vicinity if recent model guidance is any suggestion. Latter part of next week might have potential as well depending on how the northeastern upper low evolves, although it won't be in this sub-forum. I think below/well below avg totals are pretty much a given with how January through March went. It's going to rely on May/June to provide the bigger totals.

IMO...the pattern has shifted...we might still be feeling the buzz in the morning after a hard night of drinking (for the last 2 years)...but its just not the same. Pattern flips on a dime sound dramatic and might occur from time to time, but typically a longer range look will show some lag and overlap.

After the last 2 winters and the neverending string of "top notch" days last summer, i don't need a change...but i feel it is underway. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

A change to what...or if its good or bad for action....i dunno...tough to tell what is new amd what is lag from the last 2 years

A strong -NAO/AO has not been the dominant pattern over the last 2 years...

Southern tier of US should still remain active depending on how far south the cold front from the ULL makes it, but severe potential for Great Lakes area will likely be shut down heading into May. I'm not complaining considering some areas further south could still use some rain to moisten things up for May/June.

As exciting as the last event was our region rarely cashes in too much before mid May anyways with severe weather. This is Plains season for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro weeklies from a few days ago and latest CFS weeklies are in pretty good agreement on lower heights out west and eastern ridging (-PNA pattern) in early to mid May. So hopefully the big western ridge reamplification and eastern trough shown in late April is followed by a large scale pattern change supportive of warmth and storm chances.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Euro weeklies from a few days ago and latest CFS weeklies are in pretty good agreement on lower heights out west and eastern ridging (-PNA pattern) in early to mid May. So hopefully the big western ridge reamplification and eastern trough shown in late April is followed by a large scale pattern change supportive of warmth and storm chances.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Both of these have been advertising this change in early May for a while now too.

Both of these have been advertising this change in early May for a while now too.

It's good to have the Euro on board too because it's often hard to take the CFS with more than a grain of salt. Have heard too from Tsnow12 that the GWO/angular momentum research being worked on by Victor Gensini is pointing at early to mid May being active as well.

It's good to have the Euro on board too because it's often hard to take the CFS with more than a grain of salt. Have heard too from Tsnow12 that the GWO/angular momentum research being worked on by Victor Gensini is pointing at early to mid May being active as well.

Speaking of GWO/angular momentum, came across this page a while back and it has a forecast GWO off of the GEFS. http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/nschiral/gwo.html  It updates daily both in current data and forecast data.

maybe, i've been waiting for it and lots of a smart people think so but come on already

i'd even take a complete coin flip to a blowtorch summer at this point

c'mon, you'd be the first bitching about the heat tho.

might as well keep this pattern until Sept and then flip to something besides a dry NW flow Winter.

Archived