joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2015 Medium/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as much as they used to. But they still do. You can see it through phasing and moisture plumes compared up to earlier timeframes. Some runs are better than others. In the spring, it gets worse. Today's 12z is a great example of bad modeling. Sloppy handlment of pacific energy and then it hits truncation.........whoosh.....all reality leaves the Op. 

There is no truncation, the models all carry the same resolution through their runs. I don't think you understand or are using the word truncation in the wrong context.

Not as much as they used to. But they still do. You can see it through phasing and moisture plumes compared up to earlier timeframes. Some runs are better than others. In the spring, it gets worse. Today's 12z is a great example of bad modeling. Sloppy handlment of pacific energy and then it hits truncation.........whoosh.....all reality leaves the Op. 

Ugh, please stop.

Edit: Euro weeklies are in, and they are rather ominous looking for the balance of April (not talking cold either).

Ugh, please stop.

Edit: Euro weeklies are in, and they are rather ominous looking for the balance of April (not talking cold either).

JB all over the idea that the cold rubber band snaps hard after Easter, trough backs west, major ridging in east, and the severe season kicks off big time in April fueled by a very warm GOM.

any call for a west coast trough should be tossed

So if you are going to toss everything what are you looking at:

test8.gif

The pattern is changing in 10 days and the change is for a prolonged trough out west and ridging in the east. The teleconnections agree, the weeklies agree and the CFS agrees. All of these can be tracked for several days going back that have all been advertising a pattern change around April 7th.

So if you are going to toss everything what are you looking at:

test8.gif

The pattern is changing in 10 days and the change is for a prolonged trough out west and ridging in the east. The teleconnections agree, the weeklies agree and the CFS agrees. All of these can be tracked for several days going back that have all been advertising a pattern change around April 7th.

This doesn't look like a strong signal for troughing in the west

post-14-0-15745400-1427496086_thumb.gif

Daily images disagree on WB, even at that the mean doesn't show much of anything especially at that range with those images.

I forgot that COD has the CFS now so I went there and flipped through the run.  You can see how it's a much better look than what we've had...not that the bar is high for that lol.

I forgot that COD has the CFS now so I went there and flipped through the run.  You can see how it's a much better look than what we've had...not that the bar is high for that lol.

Yeah my interest is around April 7-10th, beyond that the prospects do look better for more troughing out west compared to previously.

Anybody see the 00z Euro at 168 hours?  Very dynamic looking system.

Looks like the 12z Euro wraps it up as well between 144 and 168.

We have a rapidly deepening surface low with a decent warm sector for it to work with at 18z 4/3 (60s dews into central IL/IN/OH), 25-40 kts of 0-1 km shear and 55-70 kts of 0-6 km shear. This would have potential to be a rather substantial severe weather threat. The area in central IL at this time near the warm front is particularly impressive.

Archived