joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2015 Medium/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the period from mid April to the end of May will feature severe weather?  That seems more like reciting climo than anything.

Severe weather occurrences were apparently down for the past couple of seasons. This year he's hinting at a 45 day period of above average occurrences.

http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-march-14-2015

GFS vs. Euro at Day 7. Which will verify? You make the call. My vote goes to the model with the Green Card.

attachicon.giflolgfs.png

attachicon.gifecmwf_T850_us_8.png

I'd vote that way too.  GFS seems absurdly cold in the day 7 range.  It's own ensemble mean doesn't seem to support it either and obviously no support from Euro as you posted.  Maybe the final outcome is slightly cooler than the Euro, but I'd hedge my forecast in that direction right now.

Well if this tornado season comes in with the ferocity that this winter did in Jan through Feb, might want to start digging storm cellars.

We all know that historically there have been multi day svr weather outbreaks with system after system following another.  It would be concerning if the dam breaks in mid April to allow us to experience an enhanced, entrenched pattern of svr wx as JB seems to be hinting over a longer course of time, just as we have been plagued with nw flow for quite some time.

Weather has been very dry here and boring. With the upcoming cool down I don't see much harm in the event other than slowing down the spring and the pleasant weather. Not like the Morch disaster. Slow and steady is my preference ... beautiful weather will be here soon

Archived