Newest Member
    joxey
February 20th-21st Winter Storm OBS/Discussion

LithiaWx

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbie Downers up in here....

I'll take my .5-1" and smile after this season.  Yes, I do expect a bit of front end snow quickly changing to sleet then ZR then RN.

I'd be thrilled with 0.5-1". That's a nice amount for ATL at just about anytime. However, the last few GFS/Euro runs have shown just about no snow for most of the ATL area and the 12Z GFS has also no ZR at ATL though it does have some light ZR at MGE. Is it right? I don't know, but it isn't surprising.

Edited

FFC should pull the trigger on a Winter Storm Watch this afternoon per there last AFD.

Doesn't include the ATL metro. It's for the northern counties. 

that's the kiss of death! Euro ensemble mean is good for 2-4 for north ga above I-20.

Really? That seems like a lot considering the NAM and GFS are showing next to nothing anywhere near Atlanta. 

Doesn't include the ATL metro. It's for the northern counties. 

Really? That seems like a lot considering the NAM and GFS are showing next to nothing anywhere near Atlanta. 

As typical I'm included but it technically starts about 5 miles north of me.  I found their reasoning sound in light of last January as their job is to raise awareness regardless of what weenies think.  I'm just hoping for enough to white the ground a little more than today which wouldn't take much.  My son really wants snow cream.

Well, FFC did pull the trigger and issued a Winter Storm Watch from 18Z Friday to 18Z Saturday. Wow. Crazy early! But a very entertaining discussion if you have time to read it.

Entertaining and interesting, they're definitely using the ice storm in-situ damming experience as a factor and also erring on the side of caution. The last thing they need is an afternoon debacle on Friday. We'll see how it shakes out, there is still potential for another winter experience.

Well, FFC did pull the trigger and issued a Winter Storm Watch from 18Z Friday to 18Z Saturday. Wow. Crazy early! But a very entertaining discussion if you have time to read it.

it seems reasonable. GSP is thinking advisory for us which seems reasonable as well. As a weenie tho I am hoping the nam and cmc are correct.

Yeah I don't feel as good about it as I did last night! Hard to believe be down to 10 Friday night and might rain Saturday? OR might have a hard time getting precip in here till later Saturday or Saturday night. That just about would Def mean all rain. What's your thoughts as of now?

I'm not very enthused at this point, but we'll see.  Maybe we can sneak out a dusting to an inch before a changeover.  Maybe a couple inches for you?  At this point, I'd go with nothing, though.

I am not an expert, however.

Archived